The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow LLB Law Offers

Hello, Have any Scottish students (resident in Scotland) had offers back for the LLB Law course yet? If so what grades did you get and if you dont mind me asking is your application informed by your SIMD20 data zones (Postcode) or school you attended? Many thanks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by scott1971annie
Hello, Have any Scottish students (resident in Scotland) had offers back for the LLB Law course yet? If so what grades did you get and if you dont mind me asking is your application informed by your SIMD20 data zones (Postcode) or school you attended? Many thanks
just got an offer today for Scots Law, got 5A's at higher and dont live in a deprived area and attend dollar academy (independent school). hope this helps.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by nathanphillips06
just got an offer today for Scots Law, got 5A's at higher and dont live in a deprived area and attend dollar academy (independent school). hope this helps.
Congratulations! What are the conditions?
Original post by Gobhees
Congratulations! What are the conditions?
Thanks, B at any advanced higher, so shouldnt be too bad
Reply 4
Hi I received conditional tonight for Scots law, condition that I pass SWAP with AAA, my LNAT score is 23. I don't live in a deprived area I went to State school. Hopefully people start hearing back in the coming days, I know how nerve wracking the wait is!
Brilliant news, My daughter was the same (no offer yet today) she goes to Strathallan
Good luck, hope she gets an offer soon
Hi there, today i got rejected from glasgow due to this reason not meeting S5 requirements “. However, i completed the REACH programme which makes me not have any requirements for s5. Does anyone know what i should do?
Original post by KieranD17
Hi there, today i got rejected from glasgow due to this reason not meeting S5 requirements “. However, i completed the REACH programme which makes me not have any requirements for s5. Does anyone know what i should do?

What higher grades did you get and lnat score?
Original post by Hopefulug
What higher grades did you get and lnat score?

only got AA in 5th year, doing 2 advanced higher and 2 highers this year. That’s the reason why i done reach. lower lnat score aswell

only got AA in 5th year, doing 2 advanced higher and 2 highers this year. That’s the reason why i done reach. lower lnat score aswell

Did you meet the contextual conditions postcode or carer etc ?
yeah i stay in MD40 and done ready so i had no S5 requirements . I Had to just get grades in s5 which i am on road to easily achieving. They’ve completely ignored the fact that i’ve done reach.
yeah i stay in MD40 and done ready so i had no S5 requirements . I Had to just get grades in s5 which i am on road to easily achieving. They’ve completely ignored the fact that i’ve done reach.

You should email them incase theirs been a mistake
Original post by Hopefulug
You should email them incase theirs been a mistake

Yeah i have, here’s to hoping.

do you mean it was only 2 A highers, or just 2 highers overall, as even being contextual you still have to have achieved ABBBB by the end of s5
Original post by Anonymous #1
do you mean it was only 2 A highers, or just 2 highers overall, as even being contextual you still have to have achieved ABBBB by the end of s5

No the minimum for S5 for people who have not participated in reach was AAB ,
for me however it was nothing due to me living in deprived area and participating in it. I know for a fact you do not need that in S5
No the minimum for S5 for people who have not participated in reach was AAB ,
for me however it was nothing due to me living in deprived area and participating in it. I know for a fact you do not need that in S5

have a look on the 2024 WP booklet, it says for MD40 areas you should have achieved AAABB/ABBBB, a satisfactory LNAT, Higher english at a B, and reach, top up ect
Original post by Anonymous #1
have a look on the 2024 WP booklet, it says for MD40 areas you should have achieved AAABB/ABBBB, a satisfactory LNAT, Higher english at a B, and reach, top up ect

yes at the end of S6.
Nox contextual is AAAAB by the end of S5 to be considered. Contextual varies but MD40 is ABB by the end of S5 to be considered. If you didn't meet this you'll be rejected sadly, Reach completed or not
yes at the end of S6.

I hope they do email you back with a better outcome, however i think if you’re only doing 2 highers this year u still wouldn’t make the 5 higher requirements, as they do tend to prioritise MD2 and other contextual catagories over MD40, regardless of reach.
Original post by Anonymous #2
Nox contextual is AAAAB by the end of S5 to be considered. Contextual varies but MD40 is ABB by the end of S5 to be considered. If you didn't meet this you'll be rejected sadly, Reach completed or not

where did you find the contextual grades?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending