The Student Room Group

Mistakes in application but got an interview?

Okay, so long story short I found a job I really would like to do, but when I found it I had a little less than an hour to complete an application as I'd managed to stumble across it on the deadline day. So, I completed the application but having recently re-checked it, it appears I made a few spelling errors but I have still had an e-mail saying I am to have an interview next Monday. Now my CV was perfect and no mistakes there, these were just the side questions they ask like, "What skills can you bring?".

Normally I check extensively to make sure there are no errors but time was against me at this point. Do you think they will comment on this or do you think they have just been accepting and it'll be fine? Nothing else is wrong with my application, it is literally just one question they asked that I have fluffed up. And if they did ask about it in the interview, what would be the best thing to say? I'm guessing being honest would be the way forward, but I'm not even sure if they have noticed the mistakes like I said.

I know you're not the company but has anyone done this before?
If they've called you for an interview they either don't know or don't care about the mistakes. I highly doubt they'll ask but if they do just be honest. Good luck!
I agree, be honest.

They have seen something in you that is far more important.

If it was for a copywriter job of course this would have been a big factor.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I spelt my own name wrong on my university application. Didn't do me any harm.

Just be prepared to discuss it if they bring it up and don't worry about it.
Original post by melinae
Okay, so long story short I found a job I really would like to do, but when I found it I had a little less than an hour to complete an application as I'd managed to stumble across it on the deadline day. So, I completed the application but having recently re-checked it, it appears I made a few spelling errors but I have still had an e-mail saying I am to have an interview next Monday. Now my CV was perfect and no mistakes there, these were just the side questions they ask like, "What skills can you bring?".

Normally I check extensively to make sure there are no errors but time was against me at this point. Do you think they will comment on this or do you think they have just been accepting and it'll be fine? Nothing else is wrong with my application, it is literally just one question they asked that I have fluffed up. And if they did ask about it in the interview, what would be the best thing to say? I'm guessing being honest would be the way forward, but I'm not even sure if they have noticed the mistakes like I said.

I know you're not the company but has anyone done this before?

I've made small mistakes in applications like missing out a small word such as 'a' got an interview and it wasn't brought up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending