The Student Room Group

OCR Maths B Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by willg66
What are your predicted grades in maths? Like what you aiming for?

aiming for an A* but i already know ive lost soo many marks!!! esp stupid ones which i couldve done!!
Reply 61
Original post by studentgcse2016
aiming for an A* but i already know ive lost soo many marks!!! esp stupid ones which i couldve done!!

Thankgod it's not just me -- I'm taking maths and further maths next year and at start of year 11 I was a D student -- worked hard but now it's gone to crap I haven't got an A* for sure praying I get an A or my career is screwed
i got those but i didnt put 120! i didnt know how to do that!!

what was the p= r= question i don't remember that
Original post by willg66
Thankgod it's not just me -- I'm taking maths and further maths next year and at start of year 11 I was a D student -- worked hard but now it's gone to crap I haven't got an A* for sure praying I get an A or my career is screwed

omg LOOOL im taking further maths next year too, but the college i need wants an A* from me and so im dead if i dont get it!!! what do you want to pursue a career in and how are your other exams going!! and wow uve come along wayy! well done!!
Original post by ranchers
what was the p= r= question i don't remember that

sorry i forgot
Original post by willg66
Last question 2 Pi
Equation for the quadratic graph translation: y=(x-2)^2
Counters 116 and 84
Ran 120 meters
0.1 probability for the histogram choosing 130kg?
Value of p = 6
Value of R = -4
3^x exponential graph going from top right to top left never touching the x axis
Ermmmmm can't remember any others
Numerator of the simplifying algebraic fraction was like 9x + 7 or 7x+9
Ratio 2:3 men to women or vice versa
Put some more questions in so I can try to remember what I put 😂😂

do you remember what the question was for the p= r=??
Reply 66
Original post by ranchers
do you remember what the question was for the p= r=??

Yeah the P was the cube root of 2 to the power of P = 4

And the other one was 5^r * 5^4 = 1

Hope that makes sense if not I can write it out on paper if you want

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
my teacher got the non calc pretty well this could help you guys for the revision for calculator test:wink: thank me later kiddos :wink:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
omg LOOOL im taking further maths next year too, but the college i need wants an A* from me and so im dead if i dont get it!!! what do you want to pursue a career in and how are your other exams going!! and wow uve come along wayy! well done!!

Wow really? I'm staying at our school for sixth form they say A* recommended but hopefully if I get an A they'll accept as a minimum seeing all the effort I've put in😩 im confident about the sciences especially physics as that's my strongest, we do IGCSE AQA 1/2 level (triple) so we avoided all the AQA drunk rats questions thankfully 😂 English isn't my strong point purely because I refuse to revise as it bores me so much, a bit arrogant but I just do maths and physics😂 -- that's why I'm so worried about this because I want to do maths at university so these GCSEs mean so much to me, and hopefully to do investment banking in the USA. What about you? And how are your exams going? And thankyou! I hope it shows in these exams or it's going to be so embarrassing as well because everyone thinks I'm really good at maths at my school and come to me for help 😂 I might have to hide my face if I don't get at least an A 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
Original post by willg66
What you guys get for the intersection of the two linear graphs? Coordinates

I used simultaneous equation for that ,I don't remember my answer but I felt it was right.
I got 97 on the last non calculator test and 96 on the last calculator test I did
As an overall score, I've never got below 181
But I came out of that test feeling I got between 85-90
Reply 71
but then you could argue that 120.5 is when they overtook or 120.1
Reply 72
Original post by willg66
What did you guys put for the question about mean amount of kids in a secondary school or primary? I put 200 no idea if it's right

I think I put 149 but I really don't think thats right aha or I put 249 something like that aha
Hey guys what are your predictions for the grade boundaries of getting an A* all together?
Original post by willg66
my teacher got the non calc pretty well this could help you guys for the revision for calculator test:wink: thank me later kiddos :wink:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks mate!
Paper 4 was really good!!
Reply 76
Original post by sahil19
Paper 4 was really good!!

Do you remember any of the answers you got?
What was the last one?
Reply 78
Original post by tomo_nufc
What was the last one?

I got x = -0.5 and y = 0.5
and x = -4 and y = -33
I dont know if those are actually right tho
Original post by sabaaaa
i got x = -0.5 and y = 0.5
and x = -4 and y = -33
i dont know if those are actually right tho

yes yes yes.