The Student Room Group

Should I take A level Biology if I did foundation maths at GCSE

Should I take A level Biology if I did foundation maths at GCSE?I got an A for core and additional science in my GCSE's and I really want to do Biology because I enjoy it and it fits in with my career path. However, I got a C in my foundation maths paper and I am worried that I will struggle with the maths content tin Biology.Please may I have some advice?
I'd say you probably could.

There isn't *that* much maths in biology A level - as long as you can do all the basics and then stuff like percentage change that sort of thing then you'll be fine. Really, it's all stuff that you should be taught within the course anyway.

You'll also have a calculator for every equation you do so I'd say don't worry :h:
Reply 2
i scraped an A in A2 Biology and, judging by unofficial markschemes, i got every single maths question in all 3 papers wrong. so i'd say go for it
Reply 3
Original post by yeknodelttil
I'd say you probably could.

There isn't *that* much maths in biology A level - as long as you can do all the basics and then stuff like percentage change that sort of thing then you'll be fine. Really, it's all stuff that you should be taught within the course anyway.

You'll also have a calculator for every equation you do so I'd say don't worry :h:

Thank you!:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by raffkhal
i scraped an A in A2 Biology and, judging by unofficial markschemes, i got every single maths question in all 3 papers wrong. so i'd say go for it

Thank you!:smile:
Guys I need help😮 I’ve started my mocks today and I know I’ve failed maths and they’ll move me to foundation maths, do you think that they’ll still let me do A level bio and Chem P.s give me good ideas to stay to my teachers when they ask me why I failed my exam even though I revised
Original post by iqra_xoxoxoxox
Guys I need help😮 I’ve started my mocks today and I know I’ve failed maths and they’ll move me to foundation maths, do you think that they’ll still let me do A level bio and Chem P.s give me good ideas to stay to my teachers when they ask me why I failed my exam even though I revised

Hi ik this is 2 years ago but I'm having same situation, how did it go for you? 🥲😞

Quick Reply

Latest