The Student Room Group

OCR A-Level Chemistry B Paper 2 (H433/02) - 19th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your OCR A-Level Chemistry B Paper 2 exam go?

OCR A-Level Chemistry B Paper 2 (H433/02) - Monday 19th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: Monday 19th June / PM
Length: 2h 15m

Resources
OCR B (Chemistry)

Scroll to see replies

Any predicitions for p2
Reply 2
Original post by hannahjam3s123
Any predicitions for p2

There will be a few questions on the scientific literacy of chemistry
Hey everyone :smile: How was the exam today?

A-level Chemistry

Reply 4
Was so bas
Reply 5
Thought it was a good paper, the pre release article questions were really nice. Some weird questions overall tho, E.g. the ‘what advice would you give’ re recrystallisation.

What did you think?
Reply 6
Is anyone confident on their nmr structure?
Reply 7
Original post by Samlee8248
Is anyone confident on their nmr structure?

I got phenylbutanoic acid though I doubt it was correct
Reply 8
Anyone else get confused by the 4 marker that wanted the structure of C6H8? They gave us the mass, concentration etc but gave us the molecular formula already, so what was the point? I think this is something on my part but just want a second opinion
nope ! i cant believe they gave us so little info for that. i had like benzene with 3 methyl groups and a carboxyl group but ik it isn’t right
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by gwall3r2005
Thought it was a good paper, the pre release article questions were really nice. Some weird questions overall tho, E.g. the ‘what advice would you give’ re recrystallisation.

What did you think?

that question was so weird. and why did they give us a massive gap before the lines. i just said to choose a solvent that the solute is soluble when hot and sparingly soluble when cold. and to also heat to constant mass
That was hard. Some good questions and some horrible. What did everyone get for the KC question ?
Original post by 54321abi12345
that question was so weird. and why did they give us a massive gap before the lines. i just said to choose a solvent that the solute is soluble when hot and sparingly soluble when cold. and to also heat to constant mass

I think the gap was to work out the percentage yield. I got like 48% or something like that. Don’t think it’s right though
Original post by KillSwitch12
I think the gap was to work out the percentage yield. I got like 48% or something like that. Don’t think it’s right though

oh i swear that wasn’t anywhere in the question for recrystallisation??
What did people put for that 6 mark question on haloalkanes, bond polarity and bond enthalpies?
Original post by 54321abi12345
oh i swear that wasn’t anywhere in the question for recrystallisation??

Yes they gave you 20g or something like that? I can’t quite remember to be honest.
Is anyone making an unofficial mark scheme?
Does anyone else feel like that was the hardest paper they have ever done, even compared to all of the past papers ?
Original post by Archie1234234
Does anyone else feel like that was the hardest paper they have ever done, even compared to all of the past papers ?

yes it definitely had so many strange questions & i think that was the cruelest NMR question they could’ve came up with. let’s hope the grade boundaries are a bit lower
Original post by Archie1234234

I’m not sure it was the hardest they’ve ever done. But certainly not one of the easiest. It was the way they asked the questions which haven’t been like previous one. The maths questions were also quite challenging and obscure - such as that physics one on coulombs and amps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending