The Student Room Group

how many A*s can you get by just reading the text book? Especially sciences?

Quesiton
Answer
Probably zero
Depends if you can actually remember the stuff in the textbook and what textbook you read.
D.
These types of questions are so pointless - it depends on so many other things

Posted from TSR Mobile
No A* lol
Depends how smart you are and how much you can remember from lessons. It's certainly possible but I wouldn't recommend it to be fair.
Reply 8
Original post by NiamhM1801
Depends how smart you are and how much you can remember from lessons. It's certainly possible but I wouldn't recommend it to be fair.

i guess I'll find out then in a few months time
For GCSEs many A*s, for sciences all you need is the CGP revision guide
Reply 10
Depends on the person.
Not many. To get the top grades, you should really be doing past papers- the more practice the better.
Since this is GCSE you can quite easily get A*s by just reading, provided you do it often obviously and have a decent memory. Doing past papers alongside that though would be even better.
Reply 13
Well you should do past papers as well, not necessary but lessens the likelihood of messing up. My revision at GCSE was mainly textbook and a couple of past papers. Got 7A*s and for some exams e.g. my first history exam I barely looked at any past paper and just read notes and did well, got full UMS in that one if I recall. There are many avenues to great success in GCSE, it's GCSE after all. For Science used CGP almost exclusively, I did fewer past papers early on, with lesser UMS, then when I did past papers in preparation for later exams UMS was higher. So the lesson is..might as well use past papers. They will become bread and butter at A level
I think it is possible to get all A*s reading the textbook for science. That's what I did for my unit 2 and 3 in biology and I should have got an A*

Quick Reply

Latest