The Student Room Group

Edexcel business unit 3 gcse *thoughts*

How did ya'll find it
Everyone is saying it's easy but in all honesty I kinda found it hard. I repeated way too much.

Also, can someone please help me. I really wanted an A in business but I think I failed multiple choice. If I get a D in multiple choice and a B in written and then an A in coursework what would that be overall?
Original post by rdlewiss
Everyone is saying it's easy but in all honesty I kinda found it hard. I repeated way too much.

Also, can someone please help me. I really wanted an A in business but I think I failed multiple choice. If I get a D in multiple choice and a B in written and then an A in coursework what would that be overall?

Looking at 2015 you got:

Controlled assessment: 40/50 UMS (A)
Multiple Choice: 25/50 UMS (D)
Unit 3 (Written): 70 UMS (B)
Grade Boundaries (Cash In)
A* = 180
A = 160
B = 140
C = 120
D = 100
E = 80
F = 60
G = 40

You got: C [135 UMS]

REMEMBER: This is ONLY a prediction based on last years grade boundaries, you only need 5 UMS more to get B so it is at potential to change is grade boundaries go down.
What did you get for the calculations?
Original post by AneebMalik
Looking at 2015 you got:

Controlled assessment: 40/50 UMS (A)
Multiple Choice: 25/50 UMS (D)
Unit 3 (Written): 70 UMS (B)
Grade Boundaries (Cash In)
A* = 180
A = 160
B = 140
C = 120
D = 100
E = 80
F = 60
G = 40

You got: C [135 UMS]

REMEMBER: This is ONLY a prediction based on last years grade boundaries, you only need 5 UMS more to get B so it is at potential to change is grade boundaries go down.

Wow thank you so much!!
Original post by ameenatariq
What did you get for the calculations?

The break even was 2,500 products and the profit was £56,000 I believe.
I got the break even of 2,500 but i got the profit of £60,000?
Reply 7
To be honest I think the exam was hard in contrast to previous papers, for example the break even analysis question was quite harder than the usual style of questions and the 8 marker about salary as a form of remuneration.
Also i though the case study for travelodge was filled with BS that you really couldn't applicate. I was expecting to get full marks on this paper but I highly doubt it now
I thought it was a bit hard, but I didn't have the best teacher for Business Studies (in that he literally never showed up to a single lesson on time D: Plus, we never actually went over how to do this paper). So despite all of my efforts at revision, my approach to questions, I think, may not have been the best, so I won't be surprised if it turns out that a few of my answers were somewhat lacking, if not just incorrect- whether it simply be because I didn't know the answer, or because I've not been taught properly in the first place.

That said, I don't think that I necessarily did horribly in the exam, but I think I could have done better, had I had access to better support.
Original post by rdlewiss
Wow thank you so much!!

No problem...a rep would be much appreciated <-< >->

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending