The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Should I do placement year or it is useless? (IMPORTANT)

Hi guys,

I'm an international student, when i was applying for the Aerospace Engineering nobody told me about what is sandwich course and what is full course in case i choosed directly 3 years aerospace engineering and I've done the first year succesfully. (thats what I hope :biggrin: )

Anyway, now when i go to student centre and told them in regards to the changing of the attendace mode of the course, they've told me that I have to go back to my country and apply for teh new visa.. However, it's risky because in these days the UK decline roughly %75 of visa applications.Obviously I'm scared of leaving my education before finished.

My real question is, is that really hard to find a job without doing a placement year as an aerospace engineering? This question makes me crazy in these days and i dunno what to do which way is right.. I'm waiting for your suggestions guys...!!

Thanks,
Original post by ozansahanuk
Hi guys,

I'm an international student, when i was applying for the Aerospace Engineering nobody told me about what is sandwich course and what is full course in case i choosed directly 3 years aerospace engineering and I've done the first year succesfully. (thats what I hope :biggrin: )

Anyway, now when i go to student centre and told them in regards to the changing of the attendace mode of the course, they've told me that I have to go back to my country and apply for teh new visa.. However, it's risky because in these days the UK decline roughly %75 of visa applications.Obviously I'm scared of leaving my education before finished.

My real question is, is that really hard to find a job without doing a placement year as an aerospace engineering? This question makes me crazy in these days and i dunno what to do which way is right.. I'm waiting for your suggestions guys...!!

Thanks,

I would recommend doing a placement year, it will definitely make you look a lot more eager and focused to others which would make you appear more desirable to employ. What was your main issue about not taking it up?
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi mate,

My main issue is visa regulations, if ı back to my country and apply for the different course of attendence, I worry about they gonna decline my visa request..

Second issue is If I gradute with 2:1 can I find a job easily without placement. By the way i found summer internship in my back country about F-16's engine and its controlls. Is it effect to find a vluable job in here?..

Thanks, @Lucarious30
(edited 7 years ago)
Relevant work experience helps a great deal, but you can get that without a placement.

How good your chances are of being hired really depend on you, how well you do (getting a first helps a lot) and how well you come across at interviews/assessment centres. There are no guarantees.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending