The Student Room Group

AQA BUSS3/BUSS4 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by Coneill810
Here you go!

but economies of scale was on it last yr?
Go to sleep lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
How long do we spend on each question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by OPR
I wouldn't get stressed over moving averages - I'm not even sure they are explicitly mentioned on the specification. Focus on revising the other calculations and what you know.

IN the specification says ' Candidates should be familiar with moving averages, test markets and extrapolation as methods of measuring and forecasting sales. Candidates should understand how correlation can be used in analysing markets'
So, if there is a question it could possibly be on methods of sale forecasting; advantages and disadvantages of each.

Where have you got the topics from that could potentially come up? How accurate are these predictions? Don't really want to focus on something if there's no real probable chance it could come up.
Is critical path likely to come up again? Came up last year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Throughout this year I feel like I have been quite good at buss3 with the content not being much of a problem besides some of finance. But i've totally neglected this exam to focus on my psychology exam tomorrow as all my revision for buss3 was done weeks ago and i did a few past papers. But i'm stressing that maybe there's more i can do? but im very limited on time bc of my psych exam which i need to prioritize

Any tips???
Original post by SharinganShahz
Throughout this year I feel like I have been quite good at buss3 with the content not being much of a problem besides some of finance. But i've totally neglected this exam to focus on my psychology exam tomorrow as all my revision for buss3 was done weeks ago and i did a few past papers. But i'm stressing that maybe there's more i can do? but im very limited on time bc of my psych exam which i need to prioritize

Any tips???

Focus on
-Work force planning
-centralisation/decentralisation
-Economies of scale
-Raising finance
-Financial ratios
-Lean production
And go over models like ansoff and porter's generic strategies

If you put your head down you can go over all that in 2-3 hours and spend the rest of the day on your psychology. (obviously they are estimates and may actually not come up).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AdamThePhysicsMo
Focus on
-Work force planning
-centralisation/decentralisation
-Economies of scale
-Raising finance
-Financial ratios
-Lean production
And go over models like ansoff and porter's generic strategies

If you put your head down you can go over all that in 2-3 hours and spend the rest of the day on your psychology. (obviously they are estimates and may actually not come up).

cheers m8 :smile: also our teacher has told us for 34 markers u can still just use one point for, one against and an evaluation using PANEL and AJIM and still get top marks, is he correct with this? also through exam technique alone following PANEL and AJIM very specifically with some knowledge, getting a B should be relatively ok?
cheers m8 :smile: also our teacher has told us for 34 markers u can still just use one point for, one against and an evaluation using PANEL and AJIM and still get top marks, is he correct with this? also through exam technique alone following PANEL and AJIM very specifically with some knowledge, getting a B should be relatively ok?

Technically you could, as you need to show gap and gan only once to get into band 5, but for a 34 marker i would recommend doing 3 paragraphs and a conclusion for 2 reasons
1) you should be using only 2 and a conclusion for the 18 marker and so you're saying that you'll write as much for the 18 marker as you will for the 34 marker to the examier which they may look at and put you at the lowest mark in the band
2) you should he spending the most time on this question and it will be broad so there will be lots to talk about so I'll doubt you'll have trouble writing about it really!

Thats my opinion of course, if times tight just gotta make for you have at least one for and agaist otherwise you cant get into the top band for evaluation
And yes i really like panel and ajim so you will find it hard to go wrong if you use those
And yes i really like panel and ajim so you will find it hard to go wrong if you use those

so u reckon for an 18 marker best to stick with ONE PANEL FOR, ONE PANEL AGAINST and a conclusion using AJIM

and for 34 marker maybe do, 2 PANEL FOR, 1 PANEL agaisnt and a conclusion with ajim??
so u reckon for an 18 marker best to stick with ONE PANEL FOR, ONE PANEL AGAINST and a conclusion using AJIM

and for 34 marker maybe do, 2 PANEL FOR, 1 PANEL agaisnt and a conclusion with ajim??

Yes exactly that! :smile:

But for the 34 marker you could have 2 against and one for .. but yeah haha :biggrin:

http://www.tutor2u.net/business/blog/buss3-the-final-countdown

Check out that link - its got some good resources on how to answer each question
£6? We might fail business but we're not stupid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by laurat787
If anyones looking for BUSS3 predictions for tomorrow I found some on TES
https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/buss3-exam-predictions-14th-june-business-unit-3-11298590

I wouldnt buy this when theres loads of free resources available

Whats AJIM?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone idea on timings for each question? Can't find the notes I made on it!
Original post by miacat

I was literally just thinking about that

I think im going to do:

10 mins to read case study 2 times and highlight
15 mins for Q1
20 mins for q2
20 mins for q3
40 mins for q4

And thats the total 105 mins ...
Original post by miacat

15 mins to read case study
10 mins for 10 marker
20 mins for 18 markers
45 mins for 34 markers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending