The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Economics Paper 1 (7136/1) - 15th May 2024 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your AQA A Level Economics Paper 1 exam go?

AQA A-Level Economics Paper 1 Markets and market failure (7136/1) - 15th May 2024 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 15th May / AM
Length: 2h

Resources
AQA Economics
(edited 2 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, does anyone have any ideas about possible essay questions which could come up this year? Does anyone think that monopoly or oligopoly have a chance of being the essay questions at all?
Hey, with the exam being just about a month away how's revision going for you guys?
Original post by eaf1
Hey, does anyone have any ideas about possible essay questions which could come up this year? Does anyone think that monopoly or oligopoly have a chance of being the essay questions at all?

Econplusdal made a video with topic predictions and said it might. There’s a link to the video here: https://www.google.com/url?q=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DCh_l1uonWt8&sa=U&sqi=2&ved=2ahUKEwj55rWYwtOFAxXfYEEAHa-7BdMQwqsBegQIDRAG&usg=AOvVaw3124Ri1qbvU7gvSo0uu8aL
Original post by eaf1

i think that monopoly, perfect competition and natural monopoly is likely to come up, i think the labour markets too because that is one of the main topics within microecon and potentially behavioural economics
Reply 5
Original post by eaf1

Econplusdal did also mention behavioural economics in the context of market failure along with the policies to rectify them like nudge policies.
Reply 6
Guys how many essays should I plan before going into the exam?
Reply 7
Original post by 1322456
Guys how many essays should I plan before going into the exam?

as many as you can. The more practice the better and more confident you will feel in the exam.
Reply 8
[quote=:))[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace]));99439345]as many as you can. The more practice the better and more confident you will feel in the exam.
That is trueee - thank you very much! Do you have any go to evaluation points or policies guaranteed to get you marks?
(edited 2 weeks ago)
Reply 9
guys what do I have to know and what diagrams are absolute necessities
Reply 10
Does anybody have any good ways to find as many real life examples as possible? I’ve seen a few on tiktok however the amount is very limited.
Original post by him4nk
Does anybody have any good ways to find as many real life examples as possible? I’ve seen a few on tiktok however the amount is very limited.

go on tutor2u there should be some real life examples
Anyone else here use a computer? if so how do you include your diagrams? I draw mine on lined paper and label them 'diagram 1' e.g. then i put them together with printed off work during mocks but idk if this is accepted in the real exams?
Original post by kebab06
Anyone else here use a computer? if so how do you include your diagrams? I draw mine on lined paper and label them 'diagram 1' e.g. then i put them together with printed off work during mocks but idk if this is accepted in the real exams?

Have you tried asking your school on how your supposed to do it?

Also surprised that this thread doesn’t have more responses.
how’s everyone feeling?
Original post by Talkative Toad
Have you tried asking your school on how your supposed to do it?
Also surprised that this thread doesn’t have more responses.

Honestly. Where is everyone discussing because even Geography has 10x more interactions
Original post by fluorescent-damp
Honestly. Where is everyone discussing because even Geography has 10x more interactions

Last year there was way more activity before the exam: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7339103
Any last minute topics/ diagrams I should be looking at before tomo?
Best of luck to everyone tomorrow, I bet a lot of people will come here after the exam to chat
I have not revised behavioural economics. Is it worth revising now or just weigh up everything else and just not choose the behavioural question?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending