The Student Room Group

AQA BUSS3/BUSS4 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrJwal1
i've been told you can/should put working out in the planning section, and then just use the answers within the paragraphs, but you don't need to put working out at all no

On this mark scheme from a couple of years ago on question 3 they seem to show that in this particular scenario you need to show working out.

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-BUSS3-W-MS-JUN14.PDF

I assume that's because it asks a very particular question to Payables and Receivables?
Original post by cmardle
Last minute tips? Please

Remember the PAnEL structure for reasoning paragraphs (on tutor2u):

Don't forget the AJIM structure for evaluating (on tutor2u)

Stick to timings and ALWAYS leave time for evaluation as they make up 25% of the marks.
Other than that, keep focussed and don't panic :smile:
Original post by Daniel6
On this mark scheme from a couple of years ago on question 3 they seem to show that in this particular scenario you need to show working out.

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-BUSS3-W-MS-JUN14.PDF

I assume that's because it asks a very particular question to Payables and Receivables?

yes exactly that, if the question isn't specifically telling you to use a formula, then the workings are not completely needed.
but tbh, if the answer is correct and u dont have the working out you will still get full marks for application
Any thoughts as to what might come up? I have a feeling cost minimisation and decentralisation may make and appearance.
Original post by jake_97
Any thoughts as to what might come up? I have a feeling cost minimisation and decentralisation may make and appearance.

these are tutor2u predictions:
Are:
Economies of scale
Market Planning
Shareholders
Asset ratio
Centralisation/Decentralisation- 18 marker
Workforce Plans
Original post by MrJwal1
these are tutor2u predictions:
Are:
Economies of scale
Market Planning
Shareholders
Asset ratio
Centralisation/Decentralisation- 18 marker
Workforce Plans

They sound relatively nice.
Just to double check the structure for the essays go:
18 Markers:
2 PANEL (tutor2u) paragraphs
1 AJIM (tutor2u) Evaluation
34 Markers:
3-4 PANEL parapgrahs
1 AJIM Evaluation
Original post by jake_97
They sound relatively nice.
Just to double check the structure for the essays go:
18 Markers:
2 PANEL (tutor2u) paragraphs
1 AJIM (tutor2u) Evaluation
34 Markers:
3-4 PANEL parapgrahs
1 AJIM Evaluation

exactly that , GL!
Original post by MrJwal1
yes exactly that, if the question isn't specifically telling you to use a formula, then the workings are not completely needed.
but tbh, if the answer is correct and u dont have the working out you will still get full marks for application

Awesome, thanks.
Original post by MrJwal1
exactly that , GL!

Thats Great, Thank you!
Yeahh I failed that exam:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me too wth none of the predictions came up and in general such a bad paper sigh
What did everyone out for their answers????

Posted from TSR Mobile
There goes my A
What did everyone get for Q3 if you worked out the Payback and ARR?
What did everyone get for gearing?
Original post by TJ🙌🏽
What did everyone get for Q3 if you worked out the Payback and ARR?

15.16% and 3 years 1 month
this exam really pushed me for time:/ i only did 1 for and 1 against for the last question, does that mean i will get capped in the marking???
what did people put for q 1 and 2?

q1 i did HR objectives and reasons for this - soft management etc. then customer service targets - nature of the business, objectives etc

q2 just wrote nonsense have no idea.
Reply 279
Hey, really messed mine up.

Q1 - I put about how the objectives allows them to achieve a competitive advantage and differentiate, helps to achieve to corporate objective and finally because it gives the workforce things to work towards etc

Q2 - marketing = successful because of increasing profits despite market value decreases

Unsuccessful = revenue is falling, missing opportunities, not following market conditions

Q3 = jumbled answer, said borrowing is good but a combination of debt and equity would be better

Q4 = rejected the proposal on the whole.

PLEASE someone tell me whether any of this would get marks (roughly) I need an A and I'm panicking

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending