The Student Room Group

STEP Prep Thread 2016 (Mark. II)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vesniep
510? I highly doubt step has changed that much from last year :tongue:
Edit: D=500 how much is Q? 500000? It must be huge anyway

Looks like Q isn't anything according to wikipedia. 510 questions would make for nice variety though
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Looks like Q isn't anything according to wikipedia. 510 questions would make for nice variety though

Yes I would like more question as well.
Eg pick 10 Qs out of 26 Qs (10-8-8) in 5 hours .
Original post by Vesniep
Yes I would like more question as well.
Eg pick 10 Qs out of 26 Qs (10-8-8) in 5 hours .

The thought of doing 10 STEP questions in a sitting, no matter how partial, is not one I want to entertain
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
The thought of doing 10 STEP questions in a sitting, no matter how partial, is not one I want to entertain

ok then 6 out of 26 but more difficult than now in 3 hours .
I guess it would be difficult to think of that many qs for examiners
Ffs guys.
Can we stop with the full solutions to problems plz.
I will report evrything to thegovernments oK.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just made an account to ask what the problem with discussing questions is? Are there people who have yet to sit the exam?
Original post by Claasiic
Just made an account to ask what the problem with discussing questions is? Are there people who have yet to sit the exam?

Yeh people across the world sit them and not all at the same time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Yeh people across the world sit them and not all at the same time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the reply, that makes a lot of sense. When around do the last people sit the STEP I exam?
Thanks for the reply, that makes a lot of sense. When around do the last people sit the STEP I exam?

Not sure but guessing its australia or japan. Maybe tonight.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

What I don't understand is wouldn't they have taken it last night? Ya know, on their june14th? Why do they take it a day late?

STEP I discussion is embargoed (not allowed) until 9am Wednesday (UK time)

You can chat about STEP II & III :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jacobe
What I don't understand is wouldn't they have taken it last night? Ya know, on their june14th? Why do they take it a day late?

Hawaii, USA?

Who knows. That's the rule though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Japan? I swear Duke Glacia has already done the exam. I talked with him about it on PM.
Original post by jacobe

i don't think they do. but yeah places like usa are possible
Original post by gasfxekl
i don't think they do. but yeah places like usa are possible

It may just be hawaii left, who are taking it atm
Also any decision 1'ers know that if when you maximise p=4x+3y+2z, when you minimise that does it become p=-4x-3y-2z?
Original post by jneill
STEP I discussion is embargoed (not allowed) until 9am Wednesday (UK time)

You can chat about STEP II & III :smile:

can i say that i didnt like the step ii paper today wink wink nudge nudge say no more?
Original post by Number Nine
can i say that i didnt like the step ii paper today wink wink nudge nudge say no more?

You know I love you n9 xxx *hugs* xox etc.
I imagine the wait until 9 is like the count down to summer in high school musical 2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by porridgepie
i'm got an offer for maths (at Peterhouse too) but only for step 2 and 3 but I thought may as well do step 1 if it's easy lol how wrong i was
I did pretty much the same amount as you in the exam and i can safely say it was by a clear solid mile the worst step paper I have done including step 3 past papers not a single nice question. i am expecting a U. 2015 step 1 was a literal piece of cake i managed to do around 7 or 8 full solutions but i just scraped 2 in this exam
i think this paper could be used as a method of torture

I feel your pain big time :frown:

I was actually doing pretty well in STEP questions before the exam, did loads of questions since September last year and was beginning to score 1s pretty consistently, I guess all our hopes now ride on the good will of Dr Zsák... (he seemed like a really nice guy at open day / interview so there is hope yet :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending