The Student Room Group

How was Step 2 2023

Personally I found it quite a difficult paper compared to past papers
It was definitely a lot harder than previous years. Question 1 was quite straight forward but apart from that pure questions difficult to get full marks I reckon.
Reply 2
I thought it was the hardest paper
Reply 3
I also found this paper quite hard. What do you guys think grade boundaries could be? Did it seem harder than previous years?
Reply 4
I'm a silly little boy, I need a 2 for my offer but I dont think I answered enough parts of questions to get 60 marks
Reply 5
I thought it was good - the questions themselves felt quite easy, but hard to get full marks on.
Reply 6
I thought q4 was the easiest, only question I fully completed
Reply 7
I ****ed it, I only need a 2, I did think it was harder than the previous years but didn't want to say it, the stats, projectiles and the normal 'fun' looking question just didn't exist
It was okay but I dont know if it was enough for my target, grade 2. Im not that worried because my offers arent asking for STEP II, I just did it for vibes. I dont think it was that different from other years, but that my opinion and you guys seem to think otherwise. What do you reckon grade boundaries will be?
Reply 9
I found it difficult, the applied questions looked like hell, i was only able to answer 2 questions fully so idk if i'll be able to get enough marks for a grade 2, hopefully the grade boundaries are low.
Reply 10
I got 3 fulls, 2 questions ~ half completed and only managed the opening to one question. Idk about the applied section but the difficulty of the pure stuff seemed in line with the other years
Reply 11
Do u guys think it was harder than 2022?
Reply 12
Original post by YGSK
Do u guys think it was harder than 2022?

Yes, as for me, who was doing 2022 as a past paper and managed to get more fulls under timed conditions, compared to this year's one, definitely harder
what was question 2, I forgot
I met some imperial CS students and I asked them about STEP and out of 5 of them only on of them got a grade 2, the rest missed thier grade, but I think this year is going be competitve, but I have no data to back that up beside the birth rate being higher slightly in 04, 05 than the previous years
Original post by Sajesh Shakya
I met some imperial CS students and I asked them about STEP and out of 5 of them only on of them got a grade 2, the rest missed thier grade, but I think this year is going be competitve, but I have no data to back that up beside the birth rate being higher slightly in 04, 05 than the previous years

Do you know how many students in Imperial CS actually met their STEP offer? I hearsay it's around 50%

Quick Reply

Latest