The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Chemistry Exams -6CH04 (14th June) and 6CH05 (22nd June) Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CLGC98
What order was the reaction based on the graph drawn:???? i got a straight diagonal line

same here, was first order :smile:
Reply 1381
Original post by DonPedrodoc
Wouldn't the measurement be the time taken for the colour change to occur, then one of the calculations is 1/time to find the rate.

The measurements we need are rate and temp. To measure rate however we need to measure concentration change over time. As its only a 1 marker rate and temp should be fine.
Original post by C0balt
Its 3 hydroxy look at the photo

And oh my god that is right, flipping hell what happened to me lol it forms ketone of course

Posted from TSR Mobile

it wasn't a secondary alcohol though, it was a primary cause it was at the end of the molecule??
Any predictions on the grade boundary for an A* in this paper?
Reply 1384
Original post by GrandMasti
Any predictions on the grade boundary for an A* in this paper?

I'm thinking 76/77

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nerdygeek101
it wasn't a secondary alcohol though, it was a primary cause it was at the end of the molecule??

It was secondary alcohol if you're talking about the MCQ polymer
Original post by _H_V
I'm thinking 76/77

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's quite high I think for this paper - maybe around 74?
Original post by C0balt
It was secondary alcohol if you're talking about the MCQ polymer

oh i thought there was a primary and also a tertiary
Original post by iwant
The measurements we need are rate and temp. To measure rate however we need to measure concentration change over time. As its only a 1 marker rate and temp should be fine.

Ibthink ln (1/time) is ok in the y axis as 1/time is proprtional to rate.
No one has yet been able to get the mark scheme??
Original post by GrandMasti
That's quite high I think for this paper - maybe around 74?

Last years IAL paper was 73 for A*, but i found this paper a lot more challenging.
I'm thinking (Considering there was a 5 marker and a 6 marker which I've never encountered before - Still answered it mind you!) around 74 for an A*. Although they are raising their grade boundaries so I'm thinking more like 76/77.

Multiple Choice wasn't particularly bad if I'm honest, I reckon the only one I got wrong (Stupidly) was the 3-hydroxy butanoic acid one so around 18 or 19 out of 20
Has anyone had a pop at making the unofficial mark scheme?
Hey @samb1234, hope Chem 4 was nice for you! :biggrin: How are you going about revising for Chem 5 now?
Original post by Ayman!
Hey @samb1234, hope Chem 4 was nice for you! :biggrin: How are you going about revising for Chem 5 now?

Yeah it wasn't too bad, hopefully won't have lost too many marks. I have pretty extensive notes for chem 5 already so probably just doing papers for it tbh and reading over my notes (although I need to prioritise some other subjects a bit more atm) so that I should be ready to go by the exam. How did yours go?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by samb1234
Yeah it wasn't too bad, hopefully won't have lost too many marks. I have pretty extensive notes for chem 5 already so probably just doing papers for it tbh and reading over my notes (although I need to prioritise some other subjects a bit more atm) so that I should be ready to go by the exam. How did yours go?

Are you guys IAL?
Original post by Don Pedro K.
Are you guys IAL?

I'm not, he is
Original post by DonPedrodoc
Wouldn't the measurement be the time taken for the colour change to occur, then one of the calculations is 1/time to find the rate.

I wrote time taken for colour change :frown: !!
Reply 1398
Original post by kevinchan1
I'm thinking (Considering there was a 5 marker and a 6 marker which I've never encountered before - Still answered it mind you!) around 74 for an A*. Although they are raising their grade boundaries so I'm thinking more like 76/77.

Multiple Choice wasn't particularly bad if I'm honest, I reckon the only one I got wrong (Stupidly) was the 3-hydroxy butanoic acid one so around 18 or 19 out of 20

How do you know they're raising the grade boundaries? Hope it is 74 for an A* 🙏🏻
Original post by samb1234
I'm not, he is

Ah okay haha :smile: I definitely found it harder than any of the past papers lol... Oh well hopefully unit 5 will be nicer? XD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending