The Student Room Group

AQA Classics Exam 21st June 2016 AM - CIV4D Tiberius and Claudius

How did people find the exam? What Options did you do?
Reply 1
Original post by Improvement
How did people find the exam? What Options did you do?

I thought it was okay. I did the section on Claudius and then the 40 marker on the senate. How did you find it?
Reply 2
Original post by Waltz123
I thought it was okay. I did the section on Claudius and then the 40 marker on the senate. How did you find it?

I also did the Claudius section. What were you answers to the questions, like apart from the given 5 marker what points did you make for the 10 and 20? Only really what points did you make about the senate, I did about Tacitus and Suetonius
Reply 3

Overall thought I found it to be a good paper!
Reply 4
Original post by Improvement
I also did the Claudius section. What were you answers to the questions, like apart from the given 5 marker what points did you make for the 10 and 20? Only really what points did you make about the senate, I did about Tacitus and Suetonius

For the 10 marker I just wrote about the different people agrippina and messalina got prosecuted and said that he trusted his wives too much that they made him do these things but I counter argued it with his first wives. For 20 mark I talked about how he was popular with the freedmen and what he did for Rome that poor appreciated like insuring ship merchants in the winter. Then I talked about how he was not popular with the upper classes with things he did in the senate like bringing the Gauls in and how his family didn't speak very highly of him. And for the 40 marker I talked about claudius allowing them to elect magistrates again etc and things he did that would have upset the senate like killing 35 senators. Then I talked about how Tiberius asked the senate for advice etc but he also called them men fit to be slaves
Reply 5
I lost three marks in the 5 marker because I literally only knew the names of messalina's children
Reply 6
I lost three marks in the 5 marker because I literally only knew the names of messalina's children

I got the children's names! I guessed the answers to the first one! what was the final question on the five marker?
Hey guys!
I'm sitting the 2017 paper in a few weeks (and the mock is tomorrow) and just wondered if any of you had tips on how to get A/A*?
Original post by EstelOfTheEyrie
Hey guys!
I'm sitting the 2017 paper in a few weeks (and the mock is tomorrow) and just wondered if any of you had tips on how to get A/A*?

Same! What's your unit 3 paper?
Original post by gingerboyben
Same! What's your unit 3 paper?

CIV3D - Augustus and the Principate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending