The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Chemistry Exams -6CH04 (14th June) and 6CH05 (22nd June) Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

An alkaline fuel cell does have a platinum electrode right? for the MCQ it was KOH for the electrolyte and platinum electrode?
Original post by oShahpo
I did the same but I shouldn't lose any marks as the reaction will most definitely proceed anyway. I said put excess ammonia to neutralise the acid too, just in case.

its out of 6, so i hope we only lose 2 marks :'(
Original post by payet27
Bro please help post the unofficial mark scheme, would be great!, thanks.

Loool it's all a blur I can't remember the questions xD I reckon @samb1234 and @C0balt might be better for this haha
Original post by razortoad
Pretty sure it was B because the monomer is formed from the C=C and not the nitrogen. This, again, has come up before exactly the way it was. They seem to like recycling questions a lot xD

for that one i did this , IMG_20160622_121101.jpg
What was the answer to the mcq where it asks for the best explanation for why amino acids are solid?
I said the zwitterion one, but I have a bad feeling that the answer was that they're amphoteric.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GrandMasti
An alkaline fuel cell does have a platinum electrode right? for the MCQ it was KOH for the electrolyte and platinum electrode?

Yeap :biggrin:
I got 95.1% and I put B for the MC question about the really long amino acid chain question

think it was graphite elctrode and oh electrolyte
@GrandMasti Fe3+ for catalyst?
Original post by DesignPredator
I wrote reverse but I still think dpp only will suffice because Cu reacts with Cu2+ to form Cu+, the same ELEMENT is being oxidised and reduced.

It needs to be the same species. Element doesn't matter

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Don Pedro K.
@GrandMasti Fe3+ for catalyst?

Yep :smile:
What was the salt bridge for the hydrogen electrode? NaCl?
Original post by oShahpo
What was the salt bridge for the hydrogen electrode? NaCl?

I said potassium nitrate

But NaCl should be fine I think
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Don Pedro K.
Loool it's all a blur I can't remember the questions xD I reckon @samb1234 and @C0balt might be better for this haha

I haven't got the time soz

I put that as well, but I just looked it up and it's a porous carbon electrode. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
was paracetamol 95 %??????
For some of the ionic equations, was it okay to write it in terms of displayed structure (like the one with the amino acid)m

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
I haven't got the time soz

@cobalt , did you put graphite electrode for the mcq
Pleaseeee i beg someone actually post the unofficial mark scheme first then lets discuss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Which one was the polypropenamide monomer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending