The Student Room Group

AQA Level 2 Certificate in Further Mathematics UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME Paper 2

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GCSESTUDENT5000
I probably won't remember it for a few weeks knowing me :tongue:

Lol I think I done quite good, considering I didn't know any matrices really lol.
Original post by guy321
Wtaf. I found both exams hard. Im was hoping for an A^ but now Im hoping for an A*

You never know, the grade boundaries might be low. There were quite a lot of questions that were hard and you couldn't just do straight away, for example the tan y = p+1/p-1.

Anyway, an A* is still really good and you still could get an A^

Good luck for the result!:smile:
Original post by Chittesh14
Lol I think I done quite good, considering I didn't know any matrices really lol.

Haha, there were lots of questions involving matrices on this paper I thought. I wasn't really expecting it. I thought that there would be some questions on indices like the last question last year but there was virtually nothing on it this year.
What do you think it will be for an A^?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GCSESTUDENT5000
Haha, there were lots of questions involving matrices on this paper I thought. I wasn't really expecting it. I thought that there would be some questions on indices like the last question last year but there was virtually nothing on it this year.

Yeah, the matrices and some other questions were the only reason I flopped.
Also the first question lol, I got both wrong - the gradient and the other one, lol.
Original post by NiamhM1801
Fantastic. This paper has cost me the A^ :angry:

I'm sorry to hear that. Weren't you aiming for 95, if I remember correctly? What do you think you got?
I'm pretty sure that the 3D pythagoras question was 42.83 degrees, seeming as many are asking for the real answer. You can look at my working out on page 2
Me too, I think. It depends what answers are right, if all these are right - I might scrape A*^ somehow lol, if they are wrong then I'm fked.

What do you think you got in this paper?

Best case: 88
Worst case 78
Best overall case: 149
Worst overall case: 133
Not nearly as well as I'd hoped. If I get my best case for both papers there's a chance I could still scrape it but that's highly unlikely. I know I'll get an A* so I really shouldn't complain.
Original post by Bulbasaur10
Yeah, although I think it went well for me, I am getting very annoyed at people saying it was 'really easy' when it really wasn't! I'm sure you did very well! Enjoy your Summer :smile: + Don't worry too much.

Yeah. It was ok but it definitely wasn't easy. The second half was a lot nice than the first, except from the volume of hemisphere/cylinder and the tan y = p+1/p-1 question which I had no idea how to even begin. Like I said I got an A* at least so I really shouldn't complain. Thank you. I'll try not to.
Best case: 88
Worst case 78
Best overall case: 149
Worst overall case: 133
Not nearly as well as I'd hoped. If I get my best case for both papers there's a chance I could still scrape it but that's highly unlikely. I know I'll get an A* so I really shouldn't complain.

Yeah. It was ok but it definitely wasn't easy. The second half was a lot nice than the first, except from the volume of hemisphere/cylinder and the tan y = p+1/p-1 question which I had no idea how to even begin. Like I said I got an A* at least so I really shouldn't complain. Thank you. I'll try not to.

That's not even that bad lol. A*^ will be like 144/145 lol, so no worries.
At least your best case is 88 lool
Original post by Redcoats
I'm sorry to hear that. Weren't you aiming for 95, if I remember correctly? What do you think you got?

I was, yeah. Best case I got 88, but I think it's closer to my worst case which is 78. So nowhere near what I was hoping for, which is pretty disappointing. I still know I got an A* though so it's not so bad.
Original post by Bulbasaur10
Yeah, although I think it went well for me, I am getting very annoyed at people saying it was 'really easy' when it really wasn't! I'm sure you did very well! Enjoy your Summer :smile: + Don't worry too much.

I'm very sorry for calling it 'really easy', I was being insensitive and not very empathetic! Don't worry if it was difficult - remember that could mean low boundaries and the boundaries are normally low regardless! I hope you achieve the grade that you want - and I'm sure you will. Enjoy your liberal summer.
I was, yeah. Best case I got 88, but I think it's closer to my worst case which is 78. So nowhere near what I was hoping for, which is pretty disappointing. I still know I got an A* though so it's not so bad.

Although I'm no expert, I don't think many employers or universities know that an A^ exists! As far as they know, the highest is an A* as it is for all other subjects so you will end up with, what seems to many as, 'the highest grade available'.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Redcoats
Although I'm no expert, I don't think many employers of universities know that an A^ exists! As far as they know, the highest is an A* as it is for all other subjects so you will end up with, what seems to many as, 'the highest grade available'.

My friend said this exact same thing! Yeah, hopefully it will stay pretty unknown :tongue:
Reply 73
For the 'x/y' question I found x to be 8 and y to be 4 and so left my answer as 8/4. Anybody else??
Original post by Babajide
For the 'x/y' question I found x to be 8 and y to be 4 and so left my answer as 8/4. Anybody else??

I think it was 12. If you substitute 8 for x and 4 for y, I don't think you get equal volumes:

the radius of the cylinder was x with a height of 6y so the volume was 1536pi.

For the hemisphere, the radius was y so the volume is 128/3 pi, which are not equal.

Sorry to tell you this, I'm sure you've still done brilliant
(edited 7 years ago)
Has anyone actually got the paper?
If so, can you private message me please? :smile:
That's not even that bad lol. A*^ will be like 144/145 lol, so no worries.
At least your best case is 88 lool

Will an A^ ever be above 160? I think that because so many people found it easy it's going to get raised? Will it ever go to 95% or 90%, because i left out 1 question due to a lack of time, and hence feel I may have dropped marks there and elsewhere via silly mistakes?
What was the answer to the final question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 1jonam16
Will an A^ ever be above 160? I think that because so many people found it easy it's going to get raised? Will it ever go to 95% or 90%, because i left out 1 question due to a lack of time, and hence feel I may have dropped marks there and elsewhere via silly mistakes?

Who found this paper easy wtf lol I found it hella hard.
Anyway, I didn't revise half of the topics so maybe that's why.
I doubt it'll ever be above 160 lol wtf, max it can be is 150 for sure...
Original post by gibsond9
What was the answer to the final question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

x = 60, 120, 240 and 300 degrees

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending