The Student Room Group

OCR MEI C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HFancy1997
I think you would just have got the A*, im assuming the grade boundries for c4 will be average. so 69/70. I think you'll either scrap and the A* or just miss it but its completely dependent on grade boundries now:/ im tending towards you getting the A* however bc dont think many people did well on c4 judging by the reaction the grade boundries will most likely be in your favour

God I hope. After looking at the markscheme I knew it'd be very close within a matter of a couple ums whether I get the A*.
I dropped all 7 on Q 5. (-7)
Q 6 I differentiated and tried rearranging but just couldn't get it to the final bit, so who knows how many method marks I'd have got (-5).
Then I forgot to do 1/4 for k and wrote 4, (-2)
Then got the ratio incorrect despite getting correct lambda (-2)
So that's where I dropped my marks. I'm trying to be as pessimistic as possible, so could have picked up an extra couple. Fml, why couldn't I just have answered 1 more question correctly
Original post by Tskadem
In the exact same position as you haha

That sucks.
Its such an in limbo feeling, I set myself up for an A* perfectly after C3 and somehow I've stumbled. Just why couldn't I get that simple first few marks of Q5, that's have been my mind at ease, because if I don't get an A*, it'll be a matter of 2 or 3 marks.
Original post by Danny_L
God I hope. After looking at the markscheme I knew it'd be very close within a matter of a couple ums whether I get the A*.
I dropped all 7 on Q 5. (-7)
Q 6 I differentiated and tried rearranging but just couldn't get it to the final bit, so who knows how many method marks I'd have got (-5).
Then I forgot to do 1/4 for k and wrote 4, (-2)
Then got the ratio incorrect despite getting correct lambda (-2)
So that's where I dropped my marks. I'm trying to be as pessimistic as possible, so could have picked up an extra couple. Fml, why couldn't I just have answered 1 more question correctly
;

Don't worry I get you! Did C3 a year early and got 100 but found today overly difficult, made identical mistakes apart from getting the first part of 5 and the ratio correct, flunked a bit of the DE q too... Loads of people found that paper ridiculously hard, I'm sure the boundaries will be in your favour
Section B was easy but not that much easier than usual, and section A was much harder. I can't compare comprehensions because I only did one before the exam, but I think the grade boundaries will be slightly lower than normal. I'm predicting 72/90 for 90 UMS.
Reply 284
Original post by Bunderwump
Finding the angle, which I will call x, by calculating the dot product and rearranging with the normal vector of the plane and the vector of the line produces the angle between the line and the normal to the plane. This means you have to make some adjustment to get the angle between the line and the plane.

Your calculation will have produced x as an acute or obtuse angle.

If x was obtuse, then you can see that the required angle + 90 = x, so required angle = x - 90.

obtuse angle.png

If x was acute, you can see that x + required angle = 90, so required angle = 90 - x.

acute angle.png

Doing 180 - x with an obtuse angle finds the acute angle between the line and the normal to the plane.

so was the answer fifty something or forty something??
Reply 285
thirty something
How many ums is 65-68 ish out of 90?? Thank you
Reply 287
Does anyone think an A in c4 will be lower than 68/90 which was an A in june 14? if so what sort of mark do you think will be an A?
Thanks
Original post by Top123
Does anyone think an A in c4 will be lower than 68/90 which was an A in june 14? if so what sort of mark do you think will be an A?
Thanks

64/65
Definitely 57 degrees, anyone here wanting to do maths at uni?
Original post by jake-1999
Definitely 57 degrees, anyone here wanting to do maths at uni?

Me:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

There are you off to? :smile:
There are you off to? :smile:

Hopefully Manchester wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hopefully Manchester wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Durham (hopefully), what results do you need?
Durham (hopefully), what results do you need?

3 As, wbu
Original post by Tskadem
In the exact same position as you haha

SAME HERE. I am so annoyed I cant stop thinking about the paper. I underperformed massively, and i just cant get over it. I got 18/18 in my coursework and 70/72 in C3 but C4 I dont know what happened. I was so prepared, but when I went in the exam my mind switched off. Praying for really low grade boundaries...
Original post by Danny_L
That sucks.
Its such an in limbo feeling, I set myself up for an A* perfectly after C3 and somehow I've stumbled. Just why couldn't I get that simple first few marks of Q5, that's have been my mind at ease, because if I don't get an A*, it'll be a matter of 2 or 3 marks.

I am in the same position. But i did a stupider mistake when I differentiated 1/t I wrote Lnt...I have no idea what was going through my mind when I wrote that. Anyway lets hope the grade boundaries will help us, also everyone in my school got lower than a B (as they said)..and we have 40+ people doing C4 so that should help with the grade boundaries. Good luck!
3 As, wbu

A*AA, little nervous about chemistry but think everything else went to plan, what other subjects do you do?
guys do you these marks would scrape an A? stressing out like mad here
got 244 UMS at AS

S1: got about 60/72
C3: 70/90
C4: 68/90
Original post by Daniel9998
guys do you these marks would scrape an A? stressing out like mad here
got 244 UMS at AS

S1: got about 60/72
C3: 70/90
C4: 68/90

Depends on the grade boundaries this year. It could be anything from a low A to a high B, I think.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending