C4-66/90
Could I scrape an a??
Original post by emma_1111
I got 235 at AS
C3 -65/72
S2-61/72
C4-66/90
Could I scrape an a??

What did you get for your C3 coursework?
Original post by WhiteBison
What did you get for your C3 coursework?

16/18 :smile:
Depends on the grade boundaries this year. It could be anything from a low A to a high B, I think.

I got so many different answers to the unofficial mark scheme...
I got p and q as 4 and -4 respectively
I ****ed up the volumes of revolution, God knows why I cube rooted x
I remember getting only one solution for the trig question
I seem to remember getting lambda = -1/3 and not 0.4
Some of the other vectors work looks very unfamiliar.

**** me...
16/18 :smile:

Ooh that'll do some work for you.
Okay so there's a lot of uncertainty because the UMS changes so much, mostly for C4, but the consensus seems to be that it was a harder-than-average paper so, let's call the 66/90 a 76% or some such. If say that S2 is approx. 82% (because it usually comes down a bit), and as C3 usually doesn't change much, that's approx. 90%.

Guesstimating the UMS of this year I'd say anywhere from 78-85% UMS. So yeah, probably an A! But mind that's coming from a kid in his pajamas, and not an examiner. I could be wrong, but I think you have reason enough to be optimistic.
Ooh that'll do some work for you.
Okay so there's a lot of uncertainty because the UMS changes so much, mostly for C4, but the consensus seems to be that it was a harder-than-average paper so, let's call the 66/90 a 76% or some such. If say that S2 is approx. 82% (because it usually comes down a bit), and as C3 usually doesn't change much, that's approx. 90%.

Guesstimating the UMS of this year I'd say anywhere from 78-85% UMS. So yeah, probably an A! But mind that's coming from a kid in his pajamas, and not an examiner. I could be wrong, but I think you have reason enough to be optimistic.

Thank you so much- hopefully it's just enough, good luck to you :smile:
Original post by Cadherin
I got so many different answers to the unofficial mark scheme...
I got p and q as 4 and -4 respectively
I ****ed up the volumes of revolution, God knows why I cube rooted x
I remember getting only one solution for the trig question
I seem to remember getting lambda = -1/3 and not 0.4
Some of the other vectors work looks very unfamiliar.

**** me...

Everyone's been there mate. It's frustrating I know but it's out of your hands so try not to beat yourself up too much. And mind, you have two other exams that will net contribute more than just C4.

I dont wanna disappoint you but s2 boundaries will be really high, higher than last year imo and it was 65/72 for A last year:/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aha no problem, and thanks. But again, this is just a very rough UMS guesstimate based on your own raw-mark guesstimates, so that's double the guesstimate!
But the best of luck to you too :awesome:
Original post by HFancy1997
I dont wanna disappoint you but s2 boundaries will be really high, higher than last year imo and it was 65/72 for A last year:/Posted from TSR Mobile
Have to say I haven't heard anything on the matter. Is that the consensus? It seemed fine to me but I know that a good few people were tripped by the final 9 marker. I can't say I remember that being the case for earlier papers.

Edit: I only have 2014 to hand but it seems about the same level, if not easier, and it was 60 for an A.
(edited 7 years ago)
Have to say I haven't heard anything on the matter. Is that the consensus? It seemed fine to me but I know that a good few people were tripped by the final 9 marker. I can't say I remember that being the case for earlier papers.

The reason I say the boundaries will be high is because the paper was extremely similar to last years paper, and the last question on the 2016 paper was identical(different scenario) to the last question on the 2015 paper, where it wouldve shocked people but we couldve revised the method in preparation for our exam. Going by that and reactions off Tsr, I think the grade boundries will be high unfortunately:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
MEI grade boundaries are always so ridiculously high :frown:
Original post by HFancy1997
The reason I say the boundaries will be high is because the paper was extremely similar to last years paper, and the last question on the 2016 paper was identical(different scenario) to the last question on the 2015 paper, where it wouldve shocked people but we couldve revised the method in preparation for our exam. Going by that and reactions off Tsr, I think the grade boundries will be high unfortunately:/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay, if that's the case then it may be closer for @emma_1111, but it could still go either way - and if the C4 paper was significantly harder than usual, say June 2013 standard (66 that year), then she'd have 80% for said paper, which would more than break even... So anyone's guess really.

I'm not sure if my teachers even gave my site access to the S2 2015 papers, come to think of it, so I can't really say. If they were the same... It took me about 10 minutes to remember how to calculate the standard deviation on the last one, so that would have been helpful! Thankfully, I got it right in the end (according to TSR), but I digress.

Fresh new PP btw. :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
Grade boundary predictions?
Reply 314
Im going to study maths too :smile:
Need A*A*A , but looking pretty much on target so far.

HFancy how did s2 go for you this year? I did it last year. Boundaries so high.
Original post by BriO
Im going to study maths too :smile:
Need A*A*A , but looking pretty much on target so far.

HFancy how did s2 go for you this year? I did it last year. Boundaries so high.

I did it last year and got a C for s2, I paid to resit it after my m2 went terrible this year and I think s2 went soooooo welll, definitely looking good. I think I should probably get +90 if the boundaries arent too high

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 316
For question 7 where they asked to find the angle between the plane and the line AG, aren't there many possible acute angles, since it is a plane so there is an angle at every side of the line AG, if that makes any sense?? Please explain!!
I got 262 at AS

C3- ~65/72 and 17/18 in coursework
S2 - ~67/72
C4 - ~63/90 (literally the maximum i got)

......could i scrape an A?:frown::s-smilie: :'(
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by strawberrypie
I got 262 at AS

C3- ~65/72 and 17/18 in coursework
S2 - ~67/72
C4 - ~63/90 (literally the maximum i got)

......could i scrape an A?:frown::s-smilie: :'(

Yeah you could. Your other stuff is pretty solid, so it may well keep you above 80% overall.
Reply 319
I got C4 between 72-75/90, Shall I get UMS 87 for that?:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending