The Student Room Group

TSR Med Students' Society Part VI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nuttyneuron
Can you update me to 5th year GKT (in the hope that I'll be passing my 4th year exams next week). *Speaking of exams is anyone else currently drowning in revision, being deprived of the gorgeous weather, and feeling grumpy right about now?*

Same for me!*
Join the club... I am literally drowning with no way up. So so much content! I've decided paeds is just never going to end with how much we need to know
Original post by lcsurfer
Same for me!*
Join the club... I am literally drowning with no way up. So so much content! I've decided paeds is just never going to end with how much we need to know

Ha paeds. *Pulled the short straw and had it as my last rotation. *Even EMTL is huge. *It's all just hugeeeee! *

Anyhow, for paeds I'd just go with the crash course booklet from that weekend course and use that as a guideline for reading - or that's what I've done anyway. **
Ha paeds. *Pulled the short straw and had it as my last rotation. *Even EMTL is huge. *It's all just hugeeeee! *

Anyhow, for paeds I'd just go with the crash course booklet from that weekend course and use that as a guideline for reading - or that's what I've done anyway. **

Yeah i had paeds last too... So so so much content. Im using the illustrated textbook thing.*
My chocolate consumption has exponentially increased, i need shares *in cadburys *
Reply 43
Passed Finals!
Am now a 4th year. So pleased to have passed third year.
Original post by frogs r everywhere
Are there any ST1+ Neurosurgeons about? Very long shot but how are you finding the programme? (or others with friends on the course)

Not a neurosurgery trainee but did do a a placement on neurosurgery as a student and got on quite well with the registrars. They did seem to be enjoying the program but were always very stressed, far more so than any other surgical trainees I've worked with. Also had much worse rotas, though that might have just been that particular hospital.

(Also, I'm an FY1, soon to be FY2)*
(edited 7 years ago)
Knocked off my bike by a car (they were drunk!) yesterday... Nothing broken but in so much pain. Exams in 3 days, this is literally not what i need now at all!*
Knocked off my bike by a car (they were drunk!) yesterday... Nothing broken but in so much pain. Exams in 3 days, this is literally not what i need now at all!*

So sorry to hear this, hope you'll be ok for your exams! My friend was knocked of his bike earlier this week too:frown:

That's horrible :frown: hope you feel better by exams! *
That's horrible :frown: hope you feel better by exams! *

Me too... If you see a cripple with a bandaged elbow/arm thats me haha.*
I've still got dermatology to properly tackle and learn :/*

Ouch! Hope you recover quickly. Have you let the med school know in case you need extra time etc?
Could somebody please update me to paeds ST2? Peninsula seems like a distant pleasant dream now....

And I'll not hear any of this *****ing about how much content there is to learn in paeds :P it's totally worth it, it's the best job in the world! #babiesrule #paedsrocks
Reply 52
Please could I be updated to UCL 2nd year :smile:

Oh no's! :frown:

Have you applied for a mitigating circumstances thing? Maybe it'll help somehow...?
Then you'll be the first medical student ever to do so. Even budding dermatologists can't actually face this task.

If it's dry, wet it +/- steroids, sunshine.
If it's wet, dry it +/- steroids, sunshine.

:awesome:
Reply 56
Original post by spacepirate-James

UNLESS the problem was originally caused by too much sunshine. In which case, replace with sunscreen
Original post by Ghotay
UNLESS the problem was originally caused by too much sunshine. In which case, replace with sunscreen

Shh. I obviously wasn't paying attention in that second day of the three days we get in dermatology in the entire medical curriculum. :ninja:
Reply 58
Shh. I obviously wasn't paying attention in that second day of the three days we get in dermatology in the entire medical curriculum. :ninja:

We got FIVE days, so clearly that made all the difference!
Original post by Kinkerz
Then you'll be the first medical student ever to do so. Even budding dermatologists can't actually face this task.

haha that is literally all in know and if its scaly on and the face its more than like that type of dermatitis
I'm so glad its MCQ's and not essays, my essay would literally go... It is a red rash, a red that that is dry. Therefore, we like to keep it wet.
Or eczema is bad, eczema make children cry, use cream *

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending