The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Scienceisgood
Guys, need to ask a couple of questions;

1. Whenever I find a Horsea, it is ALWAYS level 10 (caught 3 so far), is this normal or just REALLY bad luck?
2. Are starters (Charmander, Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Pikachu) just difficult to catch? Was on the bus yesterday and came across a level 114 Squirtle and I used like 6 Pokeballs and 3 berries before it got up and disappeared but caught a level 470 Hypno with only 1 Pokeball and no berries at all.

I find Squirtle really difficult to catch, I've only caught 9 out of 15 (and I started with one, and got a few from eggs).
I've only seen one Bulbasaur in the wild, and no Pikachu or Charmander, so I don't know what they're like to catch.
Original post by DarkMagic
I find Squirtle really difficult to catch, I've only caught 9 out of 15 (and I started with one, and got a few from eggs).
I've only seen one Bulbasaur in the wild, and no Pikachu or Charmander, so I don't know what they're like to catch.

Ok so pokevision is disabled....thats it for me i guess on the road to pokemaster

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shadow Hunters
Ah thanks! I'll keep trying then!
My name is pretty uncommon ( I use my middle name on this app for easiness ) so I'm really surprised there are so many other people with my name that could have taken it! :tongue:

I'm stuck with saymynamejme. Because JME and JM-z was taken.

Pikachu are caught near power plant or stuff like that
Original post by callum_20011
Pikachu are caught near power plant or stuff like that

I caught mine by a bandstand :rofl:

all my squirtle run away :colonhash:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg

generators?
generators?

no?

I dont see a generator do u?
I'm stuck with saymynamejme. Because JME and JM-z was taken.

The nickname I have now was basically a test to see if it was a glitch and it turned out to be free so now I'm stuck with it. :frown: I started it with ABCDEF which I didn't want. :biggrin:
The game kinda sucks without the tracking, or Pokevision to fall back on. I only started using Pokevision because of the 3 step glitch. I was more than content with the original tracking system before that, and I wouldn't have complained if Niantic had moved to shut down Pokevision after they'd fixed the bugs in the game. But to do it now is a really poor decision.

I live outside of town and decent Pokemon spawns are few and far between. So with nothing to indicate which direction to walk in when something good does pop-up, it feels pointless even trying. In a town centre where Pokestops are plentiful and Pokemon pop up frequently, there's at least something to gain from walking around aimlessly, whether you find your intended target or not. But outside of town you can walk in the complete opposite direction of the only good Pokemon for miles around and have no idea.

Niantic's complete silence these past couple of weeks has been shocking. I wish they'd at least acknowledge these issues, and give us even the vaguest of updates on when/whether we can expect to see them fixed. I mean, is the tracking system gone forever or what?

A kid in my area caught a Pikachu by a pub... :pika:
Original post by ColossalAtom
A kid in my area caught a Pikachu by a pub... :pika:

omg!

Spoiler

OK guys, need to ask. Are Horseas hard to find at a high level. Just caught my fourth one (out of 4) at level 10... (There's a little shop where the spawn regularly near my house where I go semi-regularely to catch new Pokemon, that and the park seems to have quite a few good Pokemon, noticed some Pidgeots and Seakings there today).

Powerful tromboning!
Original post by PQ
Powerful tromboning!

lol i was shadebathing and it suddenly buzzed with pikachu and i was like "oh"
"oh - that's nice"
#:pika:
Original post by Scienceisgood
OK guys, need to ask. Are Horseas hard to find at a high level. Just caught my fourth one (out of 4) at level 10... (There's a little shop where the spawn regularly near my house where I go semi-regularely to catch new Pokemon, that and the park seems to have quite a few good Pokemon, noticed some Pidgeots and Seakings there today).

I have a 347 horsea I caught so I don't think they're that rare.
Original post by Cll_ws
The game kinda sucks without the tracking, or Pokevision to fall back on. I only started using Pokevision because of the 3 step glitch. I was more than content with the original tracking system before that, and I wouldn't have complained if Niantic had moved to shut down Pokevision after they'd fixed the bugs in the game. But to do it now is a really poor decision.

I live outside of town and decent Pokemon spawns are few and far between. So with nothing to indicate which direction to walk in when something good does pop-up, it feels pointless even trying. In a town centre where Pokestops are plentiful and Pokemon pop up frequently, there's at least something to gain from walking around aimlessly, whether you find your intended target or not. But outside of town you can walk in the complete opposite direction of the only good Pokemon for miles around and have no idea.

Niantic's complete silence these past couple of weeks has been shocking. I wish they'd at least acknowledge these issues, and give us even the vaguest of updates on when/whether we can expect to see them fixed. I mean, is the tracking system gone forever or what?

Niantic employ less than 50 people (and have a bunch of vacancies atm including community manager). No one expected the game to be as huge as it has become- it's no wonder they're struggling to cope with demand as well as bug fixing and comms.
omg!

Spoiler

This one. :colone:

Spoiler

Original post by ColossalAtom
This one. :colone:

Spoiler

*takes flu powder*
BRB with another pikachu guys :wink:
Will say if anyone lives around Slough high street, there is (or was, not sure with current update) a squirtle nest because I find squirtles semi-regularly if I'm in the area. =l

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest