The Student Room Group

PwC graduate tax placement

Has anyone got any information on PwC's graduate tax placement (as opposed to tax graduate scheme)? What does the work involve? What is the salary etc..?
Thanks.
Original post by fishxyz123
Has anyone got any information on PwC's graduate tax placement (as opposed to tax graduate scheme)? What does the work involve? What is the salary etc..?
Thanks.

Hi there, just wondering if you managed to get any information regarding the tax placement at PwC? Many thanks. *
Reply 2
Original post by iloveconverse
Hi there, just wondering if you managed to get any information regarding the tax placement at PwC? Many thanks. *

Hi. There isn't much info out there to be honest. I have been offered and I have accepted a deferred position on the London tax placement starting in 2017 so it may be a case of learning on the job. Having said that, I understand that the initial contract offer is 6 months (spent working in the office of your choice). Then you can either take a 6 month break (to go travelling etc.) or carry on working for another 6 months and then start the graduate scheme. I was informed that 95% of those offered a place on the placement carry on to do the 3 years graduate program. It seems to be a good option if you aren't 100% sure you want to dive straight into the busy, hectic and stressful 3 year graduate program, i'm viewing it as a taster of what will come if i decide to carry on and work for PwC on a permanent basis.
Hi. There isn't much info out there to be honest. I have been offered and I have accepted a deferred position on the London tax placement starting in 2017 so it may be a case of learning on the job. Having said that, I understand that the initial contract offer is 6 months (spent working in the office of your choice). Then you can either take a 6 month break (to go travelling etc.) or carry on working for another 6 months and then start the graduate scheme. I was informed that 95% of those offered a place on the placement carry on to do the 3 years graduate program. It seems to be a good option if you aren't 100% sure you want to dive straight into the busy, hectic and stressful 3 year graduate program, i'm viewing it as a taster of what will come if i decide to carry on and work for PwC on a permanent basis.

Thanks for the information! Yeah same, I also think it'd be a good opportunity to decide if the graduate programme is suitable for me. Could you also let me know about the interview process please? Is it the same as the graduate programme - telephone interview, assessment centre...thanks.
Reply 4
Original post by iloveconverse
Thanks for the information! Yeah same, I also think it'd be a good opportunity to decide if the graduate programme is suitable for me. Could you also let me know about the interview process please? Is it the same as the graduate programme - telephone interview, assessment centre...thanks.

Yes it's exactly the same. I had an assessment centre day with people applying for a wide variety of opportunities. The final partner interview was the same also, they even mentioned to me that they sometimes prefer people to take the placement route as it gives you a good grounding in PwC and fellow colleagues before diving into taking exams for 3 years.
Yes it's exactly the same. I had an assessment centre day with people applying for a wide variety of opportunities. The final partner interview was the same also, they even mentioned to me that they sometimes prefer people to take the placement route as it gives you a good grounding in PwC and fellow colleagues before diving into taking exams for 3 years.

That sounds good. Thanks for the help :smile: I've sent you a message too, if you could please check.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending