The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Coventry University Freshers Megathread 2016

Results day is just around the corner (), but this is the place to be on the day and onwards!

A preemptive congratulations to those that are going to the university and you can use this thread to say hello to fellow students and discuss how excited you are to begin your fantastic journey!

This thread is yours, take it away
If anyone has any questions, feel free to quote/PM me! I'm a current student at the university, and whilst I can't answer all the questions myself, I'll do my best to find someone who can give you the information you need if I can't! :smile:
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Hi I'm Matt and I'm doing mechanical engineering. Hopefully staying at Callice Court. PM me if you also prefer to meet people when you have enough time to delete what you thought would be a good idea to say :smile:
Reply 3
My application was accepted on Friday for Maths. Hope I can get into studying, I've never been good at it.
Is there any free parking in Coventry?

Oh by the way, Hello everyone. Probably should've started with that first :biggrin:
Original post by Seigi
My application was accepted on Friday for Maths. Hope I can get into studying, I've never been good at it.
Is there any free parking in Coventry?

Oh by the way, Hello everyone. Probably should've started with that first :biggrin:

did you get your accomodation
Reply 5
Original post by d.alpheaus1
did you get your accomodation

I live in Birmingham :smile: Will be commuting
Reply 6
HI :smile: I'm going to study MSc Forensic Psychology. :smile:
Hi I'm going to be studying electronic engineering 😊
Hi I'm studying automotive engineering this year at Coventry, anyone else?
Forgot to say, if anyone is still looking to meet people in their accomodation, check facebook pages. I found one for Callice Court and people are doing a good job finding their new flatmates, there's probably more for the other places.
Original post by shadowdweller
If anyone has any questions, feel free to quote/PM me! I'm a current student at the university, and whilst I can't answer all the questions myself, I'll do my best to find someone who can give you the information you need if I can't! :smile:

Do you know what the cheapest taxi is in the town? *
Original post by Wild_flower
Do you know what the cheapest taxi is in the town? *

I'm afraid I haven't used the taxis in Coventry as yet, a lot of it is walkable, and I live very close to the city centre anyway!
Reply 12
Hi all, I was wondering when we are able to Collect our student ID cards? Do we have to wait for freshers week? Or can we collect before? I've enrolled already x
and when can i pick up my keys
Reply 14
I have since found this for student id image.jpgcards....
Reply 15
Hi. I'll be studying Law, and with induction weekcoming up. I don't know what books I need to order for my first lecture, as I haven't been told?
Original post by shadowdweller

Hi, I am interested in finding someone who studied at Lazarski before and now going MA at Coventry. Do you know anyone?
Reply 17
Hi, I am Inshay and I will be doing Mechanical Engineering. Hopefully I will be staying at singer hall, so if anyone is interested in getting to know each other PM me.
Original post by neme.neme
Hi, I am interested in finding someone who studied at Lazarski before and now going MA at Coventry. Do you know anyone?

Not sure sure why this didn't give me a notifcation :s-smilie:

But I'm afraid not, have you found anyone since?
Original post by ProbablySmart
Hi I'm Matt and I'm doing mechanical engineering. Hopefully staying at Callice Court. PM me if you also prefer to meet people when you have enough time to delete what you thought would be a good idea to say :smile:

How is the Mechanical Engineering degree? I myself want to do it too or do Manufacturing or Automotive Engineering degree. Not sure which one to pick yet. What do you want to do after leaving Uni? I wanna work at JLR. Perhaps the Graduate job.

Quick Reply

Latest