The Student Room Group

student group chats?

Im going city uni london in september. Based of my brothers accounts of uni life there is supposedly meant to be group chat invites before you start so that you can make friends and ****. just wondering tho where does one actually join this **** xD. (i have not received anything of the sort ma guy)
Hi!
I'm one of the student ambassadors here at Coventry Uni.
There should be a link sent out closer to the beginning of term when somebody makes one, this will usually be published on your universities platform.. Usually this doesn't happen until the middle of August tho! Just keep an eye out!

Kind regards,
Courtney H
Original post by shilohvvs
Im going city uni london in september. Based of my brothers accounts of uni life there is supposedly meant to be group chat invites before you start so that you can make friends and ****. just wondering tho where does one actually join this **** xD. (i have not received anything of the sort ma guy)

Hi there :smile:

Each uni operates differently. Some unis will send out a link and others will require you to join group chats yourself. I would advise checking to see if your uni has a freshers facebook page as sometimes people post links on there and it is also a great way to find people who you will be living and studying with. Either way, group chats are only important until you move to uni and then everything is in person. From personal experience I never really made friends through group chats and I only spoke to my flatmates in person as I lived with them. Hope this helps

Best of luck at uni

Joanna
-Uni of Kent Rep
Original post by shilohvvs

Hey there @shilohvvs !
You can usually find these on Facebook. If you just type in your uni followed by 'freshers group' there will be loads for you to choose from. From there if you look at the description of the group, they'll have separate smaller groups for the different student accommodations and sometimes links to course groupchats on WhatsApp. If not, there's also the app called 'Unifi' but i'm not sure if anyone actually uses that religiously. The Facebook groupchats aren't really spoken about, you just kind of have to join them yourself and reach out to people on your own. As far as I'm aware you don't get an invite to them at every university unless you're already friends with someone in the group, this is different for every university.

Hope this helped!
Lucy - Digital Student Ambassador SHU
Hi, I think you can access them from Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. From these social media platforms, you stand a chance of meeting current and prospective students in your university of choice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending