The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hey It's Cerian
Also, I've seen CA being mentioned in some comments with regards to the UMS, etc. I'm just wondering what a CA is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's short for Controlled Assesment
Hi guys 😊

I've been circulating this thread for a while and finally decided to join in. I hope none of you mind!? 😊

These are my predicted grades/the grades I want/the grades I think I'll get:

English literature: A/A/B
English language: A/A*/A
Maths: A*/A*/A
Biology: A/B/C (relying on 25% coursework for this one!)
Chemistry: A*/A*/A
Physics: A*/A/B
French: A/A/B
History: A/A*/A
ICT: A*/A*/A*
RS: A*/A*/A

I'm actually s*****g myself for results day because I worked so hard for them and don't want to let anyone down. Just remember though, no matter what people expect of you and how much they want you to do well, it's your results so as long as your happy with what you get that's all that matter. :smile:

I'm hoping to do French and Chemistry at A-level with either Biology or Literature, and Medicine at uni.

I hope everyone gets the results they want on Thursday, good luck to you all.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2742
Can't believe it's so soon! I'm so scared
Original post by nut3lla8
woo it's on my birthday :cake:

happy birthday :smile:
Original post by xoDancerxo
Hi guys 😊

I've been circulating this thread for a while and finally decided to join in. I hope none of you mind!? 😊

I'm actually s*****g myself for results day because I worked so hard for them and don't want to let anyone down. Just remember though, no matter what people expect of you and how much they want you to do well, it's your results so as long as your happy with what you get that's all that matter. :smile:

I'm hoping to do French and Chemistry at A-level with either Biology or Literature, and Medicine at uni.

Wow you're pretty smart , I hope you get the results you want!!!
Predicted (being realistic now, I was completely pessimistic on previous posts):

TRIPLE SCIENCE AQA: A/A*
B1: A/A*
B2: A
B3: A/B

C1: A*
C2: A/A*
C3: A*

P1: A/B
P2: A/B
P3: A/A*

MATHS EDEXCEL: A
NON CALC: A/B
CALC: A/A*

ENGLISH EDEXCEL: B/C
LIT: B/C
LANG: B/C

Those are the core subjects... As for the rest:

DRAMA: B
ECONOMICS: C
SPANISH: C
BTEC IT: M
HISTORY: A

I hope these look good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nut3lla8
woo it's on my birthday :cake:

Happy Birthday!

Hi guys 😊

Welcome to the thread! I hope you get the grades you want and good luck!
Original post by nisha.sri
I think everyone is :frown:

well that depends on if you care what grades you get i mean ive only got one gcse to collect which is core science and i know that biology and chemisty were okay but physics killed me!!:colone::frown::frown::frown::frown:
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
Happy Birthday!

Welcome to the thread! I hope you get the grades you want and good luck!

:smile::smile:
thanks im hoping for an a in core science but i dont thimk ill get it since physics let me down
I really want some good grades on Thursday, like if I got 1 A, I would probably cry from happiness because I don't have high hopes for Thursday. Let's just hope I can get that A!
core science predictions
BIOLOGY: A*/A

CHEMISTRY: A*/A

PHYSICS: A/B/C

CA: (I ALREADY KNOW THIS I GOT A B)

WHAT DO YOU THINK I'LL GET
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
I really want some good grades on Thursday, like if I got 1 A, I would probably cry from happiness because I don't have high hopes for Thursday. Let's just hope I can get that A!

I'm sure you will!!! Best of luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's funny how we're having all this leading up to results day, I bet when I get home from collecting them it's going to be such an anticlimax. It's weird.
Hi guys 😊

Hey, welcome! Good luck for Thursday and hope you get the grades you deserve. :getmecoat:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I remember myself around this time last year, wondering why GCSE students actually worried about Results Day when they'd already sat their exams. I had finished Year 9, so I had no idea whatsoever why Results Day intimidated so many. Fast forward a year later and I totally understand why people get nervous. I had no idea I'd be so nervous...

Anyhow, good luck everyone! Hope you all get the grades you've worked hard for. :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blizza15
well that depends on if you care what grades you get i mean ive only got one gcse to collect which is core science and i know that biology and chemisty were okay but physics killed me!!:colone::frown::frown::frown::frown:

I think most of would still care about our results and be nervous and worried :smile: Ah i see well good luck
In a few hours it will be 2 days left for results and 1 day left for gb :afraid:
The day after tomorrow is the day before results day. So surreal

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nisha.sri
In a few hours it will be 2 days left for results and 1 day left for gb :afraid:

at what time do they get published? The grade boundaries specifically?
Good luck everyone! If any of you have any questions about a levels in general and sixth form you can ask, just finished my first year of a levels :smile: and don't worry too much about GCSEs: for most people they are not very important unless you are going for Oxbridge or medicine, for everyone else a levels are much more important GCSE not so much :smile:

Latest