The Student Room Group

Official: University of Cambridge A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Welcome to the University of Cambridge A100 2024 Entry Discussion.

For general information and entry requirements click:
https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/courses/medicine

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, mention or advertise group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Any thoughts about which college to apply to? Are there any guides to applying for the various colleges and what factors to consider?
Hello guys,i did open application then got sorted into fitzwilliam college.9A* and a D* at gcse level (my secondary school only allowed me to do 9 subjects and i had to do one self taught)A-level predicted is A* A* A* for bio chem maths and A* predicted for epqdoes anyone have an idea what sort of BMAT score (based on previous years) i need to receive an interview.
Original post by Mohammad 2976
Hello guys,i did open application then got sorted into fitzwilliam college.9A* and a D* at gcse level (my secondary school only allowed me to do 9 subjects and i had to do one self taught)A-level predicted is A* A* A* for bio chem maths and A* predicted for epqdoes anyone have an idea what sort of BMAT score (based on previous years) i need to receive an interview.

6 6 3A is good for Interview. Maybe a little bit less as your other stats are very good. Average offer holder for 2023 entry had 6.38 6.25 3.36
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by Muktar:)
6 6 3A is good for Interview. Maybe a little bit less as your other stats are very good. Average offer holder for 2023 entry had 6.38 6.25 3.36

how do you know that average offer holder for last year had a score of 6.38, 6.25, 3.36? is it on their website?
plus i reckon i will do better on m section 2 so does Cambridge look more at section 2 or do they average the two scores or do they weigh section 1 more heavily.
and does anyone know how they judge contexual data as i live in a POLAR 1 area and in receipt of free school meals
Reply 7
Is there a thread for A101 this year?
Reply 8
Anyone heard about an interview yet?
Reply 9
Original post by swift513
Anyone heard about an interview yet?

Probably not until after BMAT results day
Reply 10
Does anyone know when Cambridge get our BMAT results? Is it the 24th?
Reply 11
Did anyone else receive a rejection already? I received mine yesterday, although I don't think universities have received bmat results yet.. I have international-equivalent qualifications so I contacted St Edmund's College beforehand and they said that with the qualifications I hold, I would make a competitive application although my bmat would need to be very good.. really confused and annoyed to be honest..
You got a reply and it was a rejection?
Does that mean they already sending out replies?
btw I heard somewhere tha unis get early access to your bmat results
Reply 13
They sent my rejection to my email yesterday and today my ucas track got updated
the fact they said you had a competitive application means your grades where quite good. do you mind sharing your gcse grades and alevel predicted and if you class as a contextual applicant
Reply 15
Original post by Mohammad 2976
the fact they said you had a competitive application means your grades where quite good. do you mind sharing your gcse grades and alevel predicted and if you class as a contextual applicant

I am an affiliated applicant and completed my secondary school qualifications in Germany so my grades are slightly different but considered equivalent. I also got a first in my undergrad and a distinction in my master's from Cam, and been working at Cam uni in research for the past year and a half. Non-contextual also
I heard that some people have gotten interview offers today, can anyone confirm?
Reply 17
Original post by Jos27
Did anyone else receive a rejection already? I received mine yesterday, although I don't think universities have received bmat results yet.. I have international-equivalent qualifications so I contacted St Edmund's College beforehand and they said that with the qualifications I hold, I would make a competitive application although my bmat would need to be very good.. really confused and annoyed to be honest..

Sorry to hear that Jo's.
Reply 18
Can anyone confirm when students can login to get Bmat results? Before 9am?
Original post by AnonymousPhD
I heard that some people have gotten interview offers today, can anyone confirm?

No idea, I haven't heard anything yet

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending