Further additional science A*
History A*
Geography A*
Russian A*
French A*
Religious studies A*

Plus an A in FSMQ Additional maths.

Comments and reactions:
Couldn't have been happier. My mother kept mocking me about the day I told her that I wouldn't be able to get above a B in English language...

Future ambitions:
To study maths, further maths, physics and computing at A level. Not 100% sure about a career choice yet, probably something between programming or engineering.
English Language - A :biggrin:
English Literature - A :s-smilie:
Maths - A :biggrin:
Core Science - B :frown:
Additional Science - B :biggrin:
Food Technology - B :s-smilie:
Geography - A :smile:
Health and Social Care - A :smile:
PE - A* :biggrin:

Overall I'm quite happy, I was so close to A's in core science and food tech though but I'm not too bothered about those subject so I am not majorly disheartened. The fact that I was the only on in my year to get an A* in PE really made my day though! Congrats everyone!

I am going to sixth form in September to study PE, Geography and Psychology and hope to go on to Loughborough University and do Sport Science. It's a long shot but may as well have big dreams! :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Results
Maths: Predicted C / Achieved A*
English Language: Predicted C / Achieved A English Literature: Predicted C / Achieved A Biology: Predicted B / Achieved A
Chemistry: Predicted B / Achieved A
Physics: Predicted C / Achieved A
History: Predicted C / Achieved A
French: Predicted B / Achieved B
Religious Studies: Predicted C / Achieved B ICT: Predicted C / Achieved A*
Psychology: Predicted C / Achieved B
So that's 2 A*s, 6As and 3Bs

Also have a Level 2 NCFE in Mobile Applications

Comments and reactions
When I saw the maths grade boundaries I thought it would be a miracle if I got a C, I have no idea how I got an A*. Bit disappointed about history as I got an A* in coursework and one exam, but an A in the other which dragged my whole grade down. But overall just happy I smashed my predicted grades 😂

Future ambitions
I'm studying a levels in maths, biology, and history in a few weeks. I'm still hoping to go to Oxford (despite my lacklustre grades) but I aim to study Biomed or maybe maths
ResultsCore Science: Predicted a* / Achieved a*

Comments and reactions
I've only done 1 subject because i'm in year 10 but i am wondering if anyone else has done the same exam this year (it's OCR J261). If so please could you tell me what grade you got an what your UMS was? Thank you and congratulations for your results :smile:

Future ambitionsI'm not exactly sure yet but I will look into it soon.
Reply 264
English Lit - A*
English Lang- A*
Business & Comm- A
French- B
Further Maths- B
DA Science- BB
Maths-A
History- B
RS- B
Maths: A*
RS: A
Spanish:A*
English language: A*
English literature: A
Further maths: A*
History: A
Biology: A*
Chemistry: A*
Physics: A*
Computing: A (really disappointed with that one though. My coursework went down by 4 marks each after moderation and that dropped my grade)

I was predicted all A*s

This year I'll be doing maths, further maths , physics and chemistry, hoping to study physics at uni
[QUOTE="Uzumak1;67224662" Naruto="Naruto"]
Original post by caitlinford3
English literature: A*
English language: A*
Maths: A (disappointed but not surprise with the boundary)
Chemistry: A :frown:
Physics: A
Biology: A :frown: (A* in the exams but an A in coursework, my damn school ugh)
Geography: B (very disappointed, not sure what happened)
RE: A :frown:
EPQ: A*
French: A*

Those are very good results! Don't put yourself down like that, and if you keep this up, going to Oxbridge is extremely possible. You seem like a passionate and determined person, don't let this get in the way of your dreams! I had 1 A* and the rest A's and I feel disappointed for similar reasons as you but I feel I shouldn't try to be hard on myself, and learn to improve even further. Not only that, you now know what to do sort of for your A levels as a result of what happen to your coursework. Keep pestering to your teachers till their ears bleed and I'm sure your A-level results will be outstanding as well! :smile: Sorry for the long lecture! :P

I feel like I needed this! Thank you so much
English Language: A*
Geography: A*
History: A*
PE: A
English Literature: A
Reply 268
I cried ,,, I failed geography and got a c in media so I couldn't do either at a level and I was predicted an a in both. My media studies teacher didn't understand neither did I. I don't know what I did wrong and I'm sad and idk if I can retake the exams or what. I was so upset and I've never cried I front of a teacher but she took me outside just us two and I couldn't hold it in. It's pathetic but I had a horrible woman that was enrolling me too. When j chose my a levels she told me I met all the entry requirements but the Cs I had in other irrelevant subjects made me look bad and not an a level student so I should stick to b techs... I was very disappointed
Gonna go like this, subject - grade - predicted

English lit - A* - A
English Lang - A - A
History - A - B
Geography - A - B
RS - A - A
Maths - A - A
Biology - C - C
Music - B - C
French - A* - A

Overall I'm happy as I thought i would o wayyy worse. However, my English language, music, geography, RS and history are all being sent in to be remarked as I was 1% off the next grade boundary. How likely is it that my grade will actually go up? Because if they all went up that would means I would have 6 A*s 2As and 1C (I don't really care about the C as I suck at science, if it annoys me too much I can just retake the exam)
I guess my results seem average, but I did a lot better than I thought I would. I am so happy! :biggrin:

Maths: B
English Language: B
English Lit: C
Physics: C
Biology: B
Chemistry: B
French: C
Geography: C
Fine Art: C
Computer Science (ECDL): Distinction*

I got everything I was predicted (was only predicted a C in Biology :biggrin: ) and I got all the grades I needed for sixth form; I'm so effin happy!!!
7 A*s 5 As...
Is this good enough for Oxbridge?
Original post by oethan
I cried ,,, I failed geography and got a c in media so I couldn't do either at a level and I was predicted an a in both. My media studies teacher didn't understand neither did I. I don't know what I did wrong and I'm sad and idk if I can retake the exams or what. I was so upset and I've never cried I front of a teacher but she took me outside just us two and I couldn't hold it in. It's pathetic but I had a horrible woman that was enrolling me too. When j chose my a levels she told me I met all the entry requirements but the Cs I had in other irrelevant subjects made me look bad and not an a level student so I should stick to b techs... I was very disappointed

don't listen to her!! maybe you could discuss remarking with geography and media if you really feel that you were on a high level before and were confident with the exams.
if you feel like you can take a levels DO THEM. work really really hard from the onset and get the best results you possibly can and universities will see how much of an improvement you made since your gcses! most universities won't be two worried about your gcse grades, as long as you passed maths, english and maybe the subject you're looking to do a degree in.
this september will be a completely new start!
ResultsEnglish Language : A* / A :frown:
English Lit: B/A :smile:
Maths: A / A :smile:
Art: A / B :frown:
Spanish: A / C :smile: - I can't speak a word of Spanish
History: A / A - I worked so hard for this I was constantly getting G's and F's :smile: :smile: :smile:
Chemistry: A / B :redface: - happy but kind of wanted an A
Physics: A / B :smile: - no idea why I was ever predicted an A in bio or physics
Biology : A / B :smile:
PE: B/ C :smile: - I hate pe
I'm very happy with my results except for English language and art. Don't get me wrong I'm still happy with them I just know I could've done better in my opinion.

future ambitions: I'm doing art, history and English language for a level. I don't want to go to university but I want to do an apprenticeship at a book publisher as I want to be an editor in the future. I also want to be an author myself on the side.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ColossalAtom
The results...

Maths: Predicted - A* / Achieved - A*
Biology: Predicted - A* / Achieved - A*
Chemistry: Predicted - A* / Achieved - A*
Physics: Predicted - A* / Achieved - A*
Geography: Predicted - A* / Achieved - A*
History: Predicted - A* / Achieved - A*
German: Predicted - A/B / Achieved - A
English language: Predicted - A* / Achieved - A*
English literature: Predicted - A* / Achieved - A
Psychology: Predicted - A* / Achieved - A*
Law: Predicted - A* / Achieved - A*

Conclusion: nine A* and two A

Comments and reactions:

I guess I need to work harder.

Future ambitions:

Medical doctor.

Ummmm why do you have to work harder...those grades could get into you oxbridge if you did enough work experience and had a relevant job already. You should be happy dude
Results
English Language: A*
English Literature: A*
History: A*
Spanish: A
Religious Studies (taken in Year 10): A
Art: B
Algebra Level 3: 81/90 Pass

Comments and reactions
Insanely happy with those results, especially Spanish, I never took the subject seriously until a week before the exam lol. Art I'm pretty disappointed about since my art teacher said it was at A*/A standard and many of my teachers on results day said that my grade was incorrect, I'm having it remarked so I'm hoping it will go up to an A at least.

Future ambitions
Going to college to study Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Psychology (or maybe Chemistry). I'm hoping of working towards Oxbridge but that depends how college goes. And after that I'll just have to see what the future holds. :h:
Maths A*☺
Further maths A^😊
Core science A*☺
Additional science A😡😤😧
(4 ums point away from A*)
Further science A*😊
French A*😊
RE A😊
History A😣11 ums from A*
English language B😭
English literature B😭
Computer science B😐expected
Graphics C😤should not have got this

Bitterly disappointed. Should've done much better
Art: A*
Biology: B
Chemistry: A
Physics: B
English Lit: B
English Lang: B
Food tech: A
Geog: A
French: B

In my physics and biology im 2 ums marks off an A, should i get it remarked??
The subjects im taking for Alevels are:
Art, Biology and psychology
Results OVERALL 1A* 4A's 4B's 1C - I cried T_T
Citizenship: Predicted C/ My Prediction A* :3 aim high? / Achieved B [@_@ all those revision]Chemistry: Predicted C/ My Prediction A* (been getting it consecutively) / Achieved A [T_T Even my teacher was shocked] Biology: Predicted C /My Prediction A* (I'm a science guy but achieved A* once or twice) / Achieved A [*CENSORED*] Product Design: Predicted A / My Prediction B (I struggled on the 6 hours exam due to reasons so cant get an A) /Achieved C [>:0 I *CENSORED* hate this *CENSORED* subject now... I use to enjoy it...] English Language: Predicted C / My Prediction B / Achieved B English Literature: Predicted C /My Prediction B / Achieved B Maths: Predicted B/ My Prediction A* (been good at maths since start of GCSE) / Achieved A [ After seeing grade boundary for A*... L(@_@L) hands up I won't reach it - I made many silly mistakes, only got up to around 158 marks I think)Physics: Predicted C/ My Predictions A* (Physics my talent) / Achieved A* [Easy, got around 95%, Coursework let me down]
Geography: Predicted C / My Prediction A ( I put a lot of effort in this and I have been starting to get few A's) /Achieved B [ @_@ What... the... *CENSORED* m8...]Religious Education: Predicted C/ My Prediction A* (I am religious and have great knowledge of my religion)/ Achieved A [ (-_-)Can someone get me some BLEACH please?!?!?!)
Comments and reactions [ MOST OF THEM ARE WITH MY RESULTS] To me I screwed up and I was upset, now I am okay with my results and just remembered, I got the good grades to get into good universities, what matters most now is A Levels. GOING TO START WORKING FROM DAY ONE >:biggrin: only for maybe 1 hour though, is that enough?
Future ambitions
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING- Physics FTW ... and maths... love cars :3
Maths predicted A* achieved A*
Use of maths achieved A (no prediction)
English language predicted A achieved A
English literature predicted B achieved A*!
Art predicted A* achieved A* yay
Geography predicted A* achieved A (one ums off a* :frown:
Business studies predicted A achieved A
German predicted A achieved A (writing was moderated from an a* to a b otherwise a* overall)
RS predicted A achieved A (also one ums off a*)
Core science predicted A achieved A
Additional science predicted A achieved A*
Further science predicted A achieved A*
ICT predicted Dist* achieved Dist*
So 6A*s and 7As

Very happy with these results but I'm considering remarking geography coursework
Taking Maths, Biology, Chemistry and German!

Latest