The Student Room Group

Free food on A-level results day 2023 (also Btec & GCSE) including Nando's

Every year on A-level and GCSE results days, fast food joints and restaurants hand out freebies to anyone who's just picked up their grades.

Pop into the likes of Nando's, Chiquito or Bill's and you can nab something for nothing by showing your results slip.

Some of the offers happen every year: Nando's always does the same free chicken offer, which it generally announces in early August, while Gordon Ramsay's pizza restaurant in London tends to have one of the most generous offers, with all-you-can-eat pizza for results day students

With a tiny bit of planning, you can probably pick up several of these freebies on results day - and that's what this thread's for. See how many you can pick up from the list below - and if you hear about any free food offers for results day 2023 that aren't in the list, please tag me into a reply below and I'll get yours added.

There are also a few deals announced that, while not strictly free, provide a pretty decent discount. You'll find some honourable mentions of those below.

Of course, don't forget that The Student Room is here to help throughout exam results. Our forums have Ucas-trained volunteers to answer your uni application questions, and our exam results section has results day guides and support.

A-level & GCSE results day 2023 free food giveaways & free food deals

Free pizza, free Coke
Frankie & Benny’s has upped its offer from last year, when you had to buy a soft drink to get a free pizza. This time around both the pizza and the drink are totally free. You get a margarita pizza (vegan and gluten-free options included) worth £10.90 plus a regular-sized Coke (choose from Coke, Coke Zero, Diet Coke). The offer isn't running at their airport restaurants (along with a few others) - check the terms here. The offer works on A-level and GCSE results days; you just have to show your results slip.

Free garlic bread, free Coke
Chiquito has a couple of giveaways for students on A-level results day and GCSE results day: there's a garlic tortilla bread and a Coke (choose from Coke, Coke Zero, Diet Coke) at no cost. You’ll have to dine in to get the offer, but you don’t have to buy anything to get this one. Just show your exam results.

Free pizza (London only)
This one's been pretty well hidden this year, but Gordon Ramsay's Street Pizza Southwark restaurant is again doing free unlimited pizza for A-level students who can show their results on 17 August 2023. Apparently you also have to 'do a little dance' to get the freebie...

Free churros
Las Iguanas is promoting a slightly confusing deal. In a post made on Twitter (or X if we're keeping Elon happy) it's offering three free churros for A-level and GCSE students, plus 25% off your bill on results day. The confusing bit is that the dates mentioned in the post are for results day last year. It's probably just a typo and the deal is probably valid (it is at the top of their Twitter feed as I type this, after all...) But I've dropped Las Iguanas a line to clarify the deal and will update this post if I hear back. Worth ringing ahead to check, before you make a special trip for this one.

Update: Las Iguanas have confirmed on X that GCSE students can grab free churros today (24 August 2023). You don't need to buy anything to qualify, but you'll need to show them your ID and 'proof of results'.

Free chicken with a purchase
Nando's runs the same deal every year and it’s back for 2023. This one isn’t a complete freebie - you have to spend £7 on your order to qualify. But do that and you’ll get a free 1/4 chicken (worth from £5.25) or a free starter (worth from £3.75). The offer is available for A-level and Btec students on Thursday 17 August 2023 and GCSE students on Thursday 24 August 2023. As an extra incentive to go into school or college to get your results, Nando’s is going to be giving out free 'fully loaded' chips at some locations. You can vote for your school to be one of them on their Insta.

Free dessert with main meal
Bill’s also has an almost-freebie. You have to buy a main course - but if you do so you get a free dessert. Again this one's good for A-level students on Thursday 17 August and GCSE students on Thursday 24 August for GCSE. You can't pick a 'sharing' dessert but triple chocolate brownie and banoffee pie sundae are among the options on offer.

Free pizza or pasta with a purchase
Wildwood is offering a free pizza or pasta for A-level, GCSE and Btec students when you spend £7 in one of its restaurants. You can pick from a free garlic rosemary bread or a classic margherita or spaghetti pomodoro. Its terms say you will have to show proof of age ID, plus your exam results.

Honourable mentions (not freebies)
Bella Italia has 30% off your bill on A-level results day and GCSE results day. You have to get a code to redeem this one.
TGI Fridays is offering 23% off your food bill (cos it's 2023, y'see...) on A-level and GCSE results days. You'll have to download its app to get the discount.

More to come as they are announced. Tag reply me if you spot one to add :smile:

Other free stuff (not food)
This one's a bit niche...bear with me. If you've done A-level History and you get a D grade or below, you can get into the London Dungeons for free on results day. Bit niche, as I say, but might help someone out?

==================================
Get news and updates from The Student Room all year round. Register for free to unlock all site features and get our regular email newsletter.
(edited 8 months ago)
Just added free pizza/pasta (Wildwood) and a 23% food bill discount (TGI Fridays)
amazing thanks so much
Disappointing showing from Taco Bell. Free food in previous years - this year...free delivery. Hmmph.
Gordon Ramsay's unlimited pizza offer is running again for A-level students - but only in the Street Pizza restaurant in Southwark. It's running until 4pm...
Papa Johns is offering 50% off pizzas for GCSE students when you spend £30 or more (excludes ice cream and papadias) - claim it with the discount code 'resultsday'.

But be aware this is an offer they normally have, just with a different code...how could you, Papa?
(edited 8 months ago)
Las Iguanas have cleared the confusion around their GCSE results day offer. After advertising the wrong date at first, they've confirmed on X (you know, Twitter!) that you can indeed grab your three free churros today.

You don't need to buy anything to qualify, but you'll need to show them your ID and 'proof of results'. Enjoy your churros, but keep your results slip safe - you wouldn't want to sugar-coat your grades!
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Vic Vinegar
Las Iguanas have cleared the confusion around their GCSE results day offer. After advertising the wrong date at first, they've confirmed on X (you know, Twitter!) that you can indeed grab your three free churros today.

You don't need to buy anything to qualify, but you'll need to show them your ID and 'proof of results'. Enjoy your churros, but keep your results slip safe - you wouldn't want to sugar-coat your grades!

I visited a branch on results day but they said a main had to be purchased to qualify, I left as it wasn't worth it. Anyone else manage to get this one though?
Original post by fizzywizzybizzy
I visited a branch on results day but they said a main had to be purchased to qualify, I left as it wasn't worth it. Anyone else manage to get this one though?

Oh really? That is strange - their website specifically said that no purchase was necessary. I agree that it's not worth it, but still a shame as you made the effort!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending