The Student Room Group
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Wolverhampton uni offer holders 2016!

Scroll to see replies

I hope so, that makes me feel a tiny bit better :smile: just asking cause I had a phone interview so I really never got the feel of who will be on my course but please tell me that there was some girls who attended for the biochemistry course cause I really do not want to be the only girl lol
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Reply 121
Actually it was id say 70% girls at the interview i knew atleast 4 where doing microbiology but im pretty sure the rest of the them applied for your course or biology so i wouldnt worry because everyone there was like really cool and nice
Okay I feel less stressed and panicked lol. I know everyone is great and nice cause I went open day but when I went I was the only person interested in the biochemistry course and everyone I was with was either interested in biological sciences, biotechnology etc so it was awkward being the only one sitting there going into biochem if you get where im comming from. But I feel less panicked now thank you. (sorry about the big paragraph)
Reply 123
Dont worry im pretty sure the reason you didnt see anyone else was because they either went on the other open day or didnt go because they attended the interview what also had a tour
Original post by Smileyyyyy6352
Im going to be studying biochemistry in September at wolvs which im really happy about however for some reason at this stage, I feel like im going to be the only one on that course which is freaking me out a little :frown:

I feel the same way about Genetics and Molecular Biology ;D Haven't met or heard of anyone else on my course since my interview day back in December. Biochemists and Geneticists have certain modules together so I'll hopefully see you there!
Original post by CTLevers
I feel the same way about Genetics and Molecular Biology ;D Haven't met or heard of anyone else on my course since my interview day back in December. Biochemists and Geneticists have certain modules together so I'll hopefully see you there!

Awe, to be honest I reckon that more people will be on your course then mine lol only cause genetics and molecular biology sounds more mysterious and fun then biochemistry but yea hopefully i'll see you there :smile:
Reply 126
Original post by Owari
Hey! Sorry for the *extremely* late reply.. so busy! I did! I live not too far away but also not too close.. so I really wanted to see the University and the town, I got to see a bit of the Uni and the area but the Business School (newly built end of last year) is AMAZING. So modern and up-to-date, the facilities are amazing, the teaching and the vibe you get from the lecturers is actually surprisingly motivating. (the local amenities are pretty good also and the 3rd party accom Fiveways (staying here) is pretty awesome)

I think the feel of University isn’t complete without being there and studying/ meeting new people, but due to your circumstance, it’s un-avoidable. I think you’ll still garner quality teaching and resources just not as well as F2F learning/ speaking etc.

Going to the open day again next week to look again, wish Sept would hurry up, aha!

I've actually studied at Wolves Uni before, about 6 years ago I started (but ended up quitting) the BSc Animal Behaviour course, but a lot of stuff has happened since then, and a complete change in career! Lol

I live about 30 mins away from the Uni anyway, I checked with one of the staff and I still get to use all the facilities like the library, student union, IT rooms etc, I'm just not allowed to physically attend any of the lectures for the course. I can still pop in and have F2F chats with the lecturers and I still have a course tutor, so that's not too bad really.
I'll still be heading into town on the weekends to use the library and such, but my weekdays I'll be at work. I haven't visited the new business school yet, I might try and have a look around if there's another open day or during welcome week!

I think younger students appreciate the whole university experience more (and I can't blame them, I loved it too when I first went there!) But I'm 26 now, and classed as a mature student :frown: :frown: :frown: so i wouldn't really feel like I fitted in with all the other kids! LOL
Awe, to be honest I reckon that more people will be on your course then mine lol only cause genetics and molecular biology sounds more mysterious and fun then biochemistry but yea hopefully i'll see you there :smile:

There were more people for Biochemistry at my interview day. Genetics, Molecular Biology and Biochemistry form a 3-point triangle of science. The 3 subjects seem to overlap with eachother :smile:800px-Schematic_relationship_between_biochemistry,_genetics_and_molecular_biology.svg.png
Applied for the new Cyber Security course, as it's the best and most relevant modules I've seen for courses of this type/subject area.

Been given a conditional, however I already have my results and was told at open day that I should be given an Unconditional soon as I have been offered/have studied at De Montfort (transferring).

Putting as my firm choice, just waiting now so I don't jinx it by booking my accom already!
Im going to be studying biochemistry in September at wolvs which im really happy about however for some reason at this stage, I feel like im going to be the only one on that course which is freaking me out a little :frown:

Same, I haven't seen anyone else doing the Public Health course yet.... :frown:
Original post by CTLevers
There were more people for Biochemistry at my interview day. Genetics, Molecular Biology and Biochemistry form a 3-point triangle of science. The 3 subjects seem to overlap with eachother :smile:

That is one big picture you just attached lol but that's actually quiet interesting, I never knew that. :smile:
Original post by mrsclark24
Same, I haven't seen anyone else doing the Public Health course yet.... :frown:

Awe, I'm sure that there are quiet a few people doing the public health course, plus there may be people that join the course through clearing so don't worry :smile:
That is one big picture you just attached lol but that's actually quiet interesting, I never knew that. :smile:
Sorry, didn't realise it was so big ;D I don't know about you but I'm getting quite excited for September.
Reply 133
Anyone here studying Marketing Management? Or in the Business school? :smile:
Any body studying mathematical sciences 2016?
Is anyone studying Social Work BA?
Hi everyone, I'll be going into my final year of Event and Venue Management, which is also a part of the business school. I have studied on both city and Walsall campus (I have also lived in both Gorway and Student Village on the Walsall campus) so if you have any questions feel free to ask away and I'll help you best I can! :smile:
Reply 137
Anyone doing pharmacy this year?
Im doing health studies, anyone else doing this course. also is anyone else staying in victoria hall.
Anyone doing computer game design ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending