The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Kingswood 1 2016 Accomodation flatmates

I got allocated in Kingswood 1 for my Accomodation to study at Royal Holloway, I was wondering If anyone else is in Kingswood 1 too? :biggrin: Would love to get to know you before we start uni in September (not long left, a little nervous) :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hi yeah I was allocated Kingswood 1 as well, dreading the walk to get on Campus. Apparently Kingswood has a good community feel which is what i enjoy. Buzzing to get there soon though. What course are you doing?
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by gamer_tubs
Hi yeah I was allocated Kingswood 1 as well, dreading the walk to get on Campus. Apparently Kingswood has a good community feel which is what i enjoy. Buzzing to get there soon though. What course are you doing?

Hey, yeah I heard about that too, but I think make and females are seperate, are you in the male of female hall? :biggrin: I'm not really excited about the shared bathroom but other than that I think I'll be okay, I am happy about the community feel because it'll be easier to make friends :smile: I'm taking film with philosophy but I think I'll change that to film and digital revel vision, what about you? Nice to meet you by the way I'm Rumena :smile:
Hey my names Alex and I'm in the male halls. That sounds like an interesting course, I'm doing Modern History and Politics. Yeahhhh shared bathroom isn't ideal but oh well lol. Im looking forward to freshers should be nice meeting some new ppl.
Reply 4
Hey my names Alex and I'm in the male halls. That sounds like an interesting course, I'm doing Modern History and Politics. Yeahhhh shared bathroom isn't ideal but oh well lol. Im looking forward to freshers should be nice meeting some new ppl.

Im in the female halls but I'm sure everyone in the building will get along, yeah I hope so too. I guess we will just have to put up with it but luckily it's for a year only which I'm sure will fly past :smile: oh that seems cool, are you aiming for a specific job after uni or you haven't decided yet?
Yeh tbh i don't care where I'm living as long as its away from my parents aha. Yeah i hope people are game for going SU and doing stuff at our halls. I think Kingswood 1 is in two buildings male and female. And no, I have no idea what i want to go into yet maybe do a transfer to Law after but idk.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Yeh tbh i don't care where I'm living as long as its away from my parents aha. Yeah i hope people are game for going SU and doing stuff at our halls. I think Kingswood 1 is in two buildings male and female. And no, I have no idea what i want to go into yet maybe do a transfer to Law after but idk.

I don't mind staying there since private places are much more expensive. And that's cool, law seems good
Original post by Rumenaaa317
I got allocated in Kingswood 1 for my Accomodation to study at Royal Holloway, I was wondering If anyone else is in Kingswood 1 too? :biggrin: Would love to get to know you before we start uni in September (not long left, a little nervous) :smile:

Hiya,
I've been placed in Kingswood 1 too. Not sure how I feel about this yet. Was happy at first but since I accepted the accommodation I've found lots of horror stories online.. :/
Hey, i'm in kingwood 1 too but wasn't happy to start with. I've made peace with the idea :biggrin:. Has anyone bought a freshers festival wristband?
Reply 9
Original post by LucyON1998
Hiya,
I've been placed in Kingswood 1 too. Not sure how I feel about this yet. Was happy at first but since I accepted the accommodation I've found lots of horror stories online.. :/

Same, I accepted it and I've heard horror stories online too. I feel apprehensive about it but I'm just gonna see how it goes. Worst case scenarios, You can always find private accommodation but it's so expensive :frown: Nice to meet you by the way I'm Rumena, we might be in the same halls (in the female one). What course are you taking? :smile:
Original post by BillieRose
Hey, i'm in kingwood 1 too but wasn't happy to start with. I've made peace with the idea :biggrin:. Has anyone bought a freshers festival wristband?

Hey, I wasn't happy either but let's just see how it goes, are you in the male or female halls? :smile: I haven't bought one yet, I avtually don't know anything for to do with freshers stuff and societies at RHUL! I wish I did though but it feels like knowing about this stuff is hard to get hold of for some reason
Hey, I wasn't happy either but let's just see how it goes, are you in the male or female halls? :smile: I haven't bought one yet, I avtually don't know anything for to do with freshers stuff and societies at RHUL! I wish I did though but it feels like knowing about this stuff is hard to get hold of for some reason

I thought the same thing but today I found the website https://www.su.rhul.ac.uk/freshers/2016/ which was a relief! I'm in the female halls, do you know when we get assigned room numbers?
I thought the same thing but today I found the website https://www.su.rhul.ac.uk/freshers/2016/ which was a relief! I'm in the female halls, do you know when we get assigned room numbers?

Oh that's cool we might be in the same halls! Which course are you taking? :smile: thanks so much for the link, it's made me feel better about it! So you're attending the festival? Is it like a music festival? And we get our key and room number in the day we arrive (I think) so we go to register fully and then they will assign us our room number and key :smile:
Oh that's cool we might be in the same halls! Which course are you taking? :smile: thanks so much for the link, it's made me feel better about it! So you're attending the festival? Is it like a music festival? And we get our key and room number in the day we arrive (I think) so we go to register fully and then they will assign us our room number and key :smile:

I'm taking English Literature and Creative writing, you? I think it's like several events throughout the week and the wristband gives you access to them, then there's like a freshers formal too. Ohh okay that's made me feel better! Have you recieved your welcome package yet?
I'm taking English Literature and Creative writing, you? I think it's like several events throughout the week and the wristband gives you access to them, then there's like a freshers formal too. Ohh okay that's made me feel better! Have you recieved your welcome package yet?

Oh creative writing is so cool, I think that's a really fun thing to do (I wanted to do it) but I stuck to what I'm good at, also what I enjoy which is film studies with philosophy but I'm gonna change that to film and digital production because there's more practical work. I don't think I'll buy the wrist band because I don't think I'll attend most of those events but I'll surely go to other events :biggrin: and not sure what the welcome package is but the only thing I've revived is that #onmyway thing with that name tag? Is that what you are talking about? :smile: and yeah don't worry about it, I don't think anyone knows their room number or have their key just yet :smile:
Oh creative writing is so cool, I think that's a really fun thing to do (I wanted to do it) but I stuck to what I'm good at, also what I enjoy which is film studies with philosophy but I'm gonna change that to film and digital production because there's more practical work. I don't think I'll buy the wrist band because I don't think I'll attend most of those events but I'll surely go to other events :biggrin: and not sure what the welcome package is but the only thing I've revived is that #onmyway thing with that name tag? Is that what you are talking about? :smile: and yeah don't worry about it, I don't think anyone knows their room number or have their key just yet :smile:

I got the band and I'm gonna try and go to as much as I can and I hope other people are up for it :smile: that sounds exiting I've always been interesting in film :biggrin: I've got the on my way thing but not the welcome package. I think maybe that comes after enrollment though? I've just seen people mention it.
I got the band and I'm gonna try and go to as much as I can and I hope other people are up for it :smile: that sounds exiting I've always been interesting in film :biggrin: I've got the on my way thing but not the welcome package. I think maybe that comes after enrollment though? I've just seen people mention it.

Yeah you totally should, let me know how all events go :biggrin: lol yeah I always thought english literature and film are quite similar instead eng lot is with books and film with films haha. I like eng lit too :smile: and no I haven't got the welcome package :/ I've done my enrolment but just haven't uploaded my ID picture so maybe I will get it soon, but I'm not sure. I think if you email them or call them up they will personally check for you, that's what I heard :smile: are you excited to go or are you nervous? By the way, where are you from? :smile:

I'm studying English too!
Bit of a random question haha but is anyone taking an iron/ ironing board? Or do you know if one is provided?
Yeah you totally should, let me know how all events go :biggrin: lol yeah I always thought english literature and film are quite similar instead eng lot is with books and film with films haha. I like eng lit too :smile: and no I haven't got the welcome package :/ I've done my enrolment but just haven't uploaded my ID picture so maybe I will get it soon, but I'm not sure. I think if you email them or call them up they will personally check for you, that's what I heard :smile: are you excited to go or are you nervous? By the way, where are you from? :smile:

West Midlands - near birmingham, you? A little bit of both aha :biggrin: think the nerves'll set in more when it gets closer! Have you started packing yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending