The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Which Course UOL International

Hi Guys

My Apologies if i have made a mistake by posting here, however UOL did not have a tab and LSE is the lead school.

I kinda bummed my undergrad and i want to go to an excellrnt MBA School. I Know the undergrad grades will be prohibitive so I'm thinking of doing a second bachelors degree from UOL International while working and try and get a first.

My question is?

Will the UOL "Banking and Finance" degree be viewed as less then the "Economics and Finance" degree when i apply to Grad school?

The Graduate Entry route for "Banking and Finance" is 2 years as opposed to the compulsory 3 needed for economics and finance any help is much appreciated.

Kind Regards
Rishi
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Rishi112
Hi Guys

My Apologies if i have made a mistake by posting here, however UOL did not have a tab and LSE is the lead school.

I kinda bummed my undergrad and i want to go to an excellrnt MBA School. I Know the undergrad grades will be prohibitive so I'm thinking of doing a second degree and try and get a first from UOL International while working.

My question is?

Will the UOL "Banking and Finance" degree be viewed as less then the "Economics and Finance" degree when i apply to Grad school?

The Graduate Entry route for "Banking and Finance" is 2 years as opposed to the compulsory 3 needed for economics and finance any help is much appreciated.

Kind Regards
Rishi

Not being a dick, but two questions occur to me right away (in the context of your original bachelors degree not being great):

1. Do you think you could go to the LSE (for real) and get a 1st?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by Trinculo
Not being a dick, but two questions occur to me right away (in the context of your original bachelors degree not being great):

1. Do you think you could go to the LSE (for real) and get a 1st?

Thank you for your response,

I will be applying to UOL International with LSE as the lead school, admissions are pretty easy. Of course the brand value is diluted however i am more focussed on the grade from a reputed school.

Regarding the first, I don't have much of choice. I want to attend a top tier MBA program. I am sure I can achieve it, I was young and stupid. Additionally the exam based model definitely helps me as opposed to the project based one that I did in my undergrad in Australia.

However the question was more focussed on opinion of which course would be more suitable, or if there are any educational experts in the UK who i could contact regarding my query.
Original post by Rishi112
Thank you for your response,

I will be applying to UOL International with LSE as the lead school, admissions are pretty easy. Of course the brand value is diluted however i am more focussed on the grade from a reputed school.

Regarding the first, I don't have much of choice. I want to attend a top tier MBA program. I am sure I can achieve it, I was young and stupid. Additionally the exam based model definitely helps me as opposed to the project based one that I did in my undergrad in Australia.

However the question was more focussed on opinion of which course would be more suitable, or if there are any educational experts in the UK who i could contact regarding my query.

I don't have direct experience of this, rather one of the girls on my course has one of these as her first degree - from what I gather, they do everything they can to not dilute the brand value- i.e. the exams are supposedly marked to the same standard as the normal college exams.The point is - what you're trying to do is get a 1st at the LSE - but without going to the lectures, having any tutorials or seminars and no contact with tutors or other students.

My question is - do you think you could get a 1st at the LSE under normal circumstances? If not, why would you think you have any possibility under really sub-optimal conditions?The idea I got from someone who's done one of their courses is that it's very very hard and only a tiny number of students get 1sts.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending