The Student Room Group

Can i be a lawyer

Hey, I am currently at a top sixthform college in the UK and am studying english literature and langauge combined, geography and sociology. At the end of my A levels im hoping for BBB Do you think being a lawyer is possible?
You can, of course, it just depends what universities you apply to in year 13 and if you meet their entry requirements for law, have a look at their websites :smile:
Original post by tinyshadow0
Hey, I am currently at a top sixthform college in the UK and am studying english literature and langauge combined, geography and sociology. At the end of my A levels im hoping for BBB Do you think being a lawyer is possible?

Yep, there's tons of routes into being a lawyer. Are you thinking of studying Law at uni? :smile: You'd get into many unis with BBB and they often just ask for some traditional subjects (English Lit/Lang would put you in a good place) :smile:

Alternatively, you could do any degree and then do a conversion course to qualify as a lawyer
Reply 3
Original post by FemaleBo55
You can, of course, it just depends what universities you apply to in year 13 and if you meet their entry requirements for law, have a look at their websites :smile:

Thank you, I got to a king edwards college so hopefully that looks good on my application i was just wondering as ive been told by many that english lang lit combined and sociology arent well respected and im aiming to go to a russells group
Thank you, I got to a king edwards college so hopefully that looks good on my application i was just wondering as ive been told by many that english lang lit combined and sociology arent well respected and im aiming to go to a russells group

I dont think it matters what college you attend its mainly about your academics and non academic achievements. Also every subject that you take is respected if you get a high grade in it tbh. My friend got into law, and she did english lit, socio, and politics with an unconditional offer. So it doesnt matter what subject you took, (unless the uni wants one or two certain subject such as english lit/lang but other than that it doesnt matter!!)
Its the grades that matter!!! Work hard and achieve your goals :smile: you should be fine!

Your college won't matter, it's the grades you get out of it that do. The only thing they might be able to help you with is giving a good reference.

Have a look on the websites of the unis you're considering and look at their entry requirements, it's all available online :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest