The Student Room Group

EY School Leavers 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pandalovesbambo
Thanks, what date did you sit your test on if you don't mind me asking?

What did you apply to?

It was probably about 3 weeks ago now& assurance.
Original post by spring845
I'm still waiting for my email with the link to book it. I emailed them straight after the webinar and I double checked it was the right email I sent it to. I'm not sure if my email has just been missed or if it's just because they're busy right now. I think I'm going to call the recruitment hotline if I still haven't got an email by Tuesday.

Have they emailed you yet?
Original post by Emily4321
Have they emailed you yet?

No. I was thinking of calling up tomorrow. Have they emailed you?

Yes I would probably call them&Yes they have sent me an email to schedule the interview.
Will apply when I have time. What are the entry requirements 3 E's 3C's or what it just says completion of 3 A-Levels. KPMG have something like BBC for the 360 programme PWC BBC-CCC depending on role and Deloite BBB-BCC again depending on role

Don't bother. When I called up they told me this is all part of the 'normal recruitment process' and I should hear from them soon.

One thing I learnt from going through all these processes earlier this year is that it just takes a shitload of time and calling/emailing does nothing, they just repeat the same excuse to make you happy
I was in contact with them also. I sat the first online test. No feedback after a three weeks. Contacted them advised had passed and was emailed phase 2 test to sit as passed phase 1.Never received email advising of this nor the link to sit phase 2 this was supposed to be sent after 3 days of sitting first test. Which was In early September. Still no email or link received after contacting them. The said it would be sent the following day. Still waiting as of this week.

I can understand they have large volumes of applicants. In my opinion you need to keep chasing them up. Which I will be doing.

Any information of what phase 2 testing is?
(edited 7 years ago)
I was in contact with them also. I sat the first online test. No feedback after a three weeks. Contacted them advised had passed and was emailed phase 2 test to sit as passed phase 1.Never received email advising of this nor the link to sit phase 2 this was supposed to be sent after 3 days of sitting first test. Which was In early September. Still no email or link received after contacting them. The said it would be sent the following day. Still waiting as of this week.

I can understand they have large volumes of applicants. In my opinion you need to keep chasing them up. Which I will be doing.

Any information of what phase 2 testing is?

Numerical and verbal testing. Just basic English and maths skills. :smile:
Reply 28
I actually did the phone interview a few months ago for the EY Skills Academy (which fastracks you to the assessment centre for the school leaver programme). If you need any tips for the interview then I'd be happy to help because as you probably know their interviews are strengths based unlike the other Big 4 😅
I have my assessment centre next week so just preparing for that atm!😱
Original post by _niki
I actually did the phone interview a few months ago for the EY Skills Academy (which fastracks you to the assessment centre for the school leaver programme). If you need any tips for the interview then I'd be happy to help because as you probably know their interviews are strengths based unlike the other Big 4 😅
I have my assessment centre next week so just preparing for that atm!😱

hi any tips would be appreciated
i am interested in applying for apprenticeship in the big 4, but all the reviews talk about the job so negatively, and keep on saying run as fast as you can? what makes you guys want to do the apprenticeship, apparently jobs in audit...(i dont exactly know what it is or how to use the word) are like people basically just dont like you? you find errors in bills n stuff?
Anyone know what the wage is?
Are EY really slow in getting back to candidates? I get that they will be flooded with applications but now getting frustrated with their lack - or better words no response on my application, it has now been over a month since I took first test, have been advised that I passed the first test via email after chasing up and second test would be sent to me the next day. Again, no action taken by EY to send email with test link to complete as promised by them via email.

Is anyone in the same position, waiting on emails to be sent after chasing up?
Reply 33
Are EY really slow in getting back to candidates? I get that they will be flooded with applications but now getting frustrated with their lack - or better words no response on my application, it has now been over a month since I took first test, have been advised that I passed the first test via email after chasing up and second test would be sent to me the next day. Again, no action taken by EY to send email with test link to complete as promised by them via email.

Is anyone in the same position, waiting on emails to be sent after chasing up?

Yep waiting to book assessment centre had the same thing with telephone interview just give them a call
Reply 34
I sat my first set of tests 2 weeks ago and haven't heard a thing is this normal?
Not getting anywhere with my application, spent ages on telephone trying to get my application resolved. Its seems for some reason my application has stalled and they cannot get the workflow to work or kickstart again. Got another email last week with a link to complete phase two of the numerical reasoning test. And again, can't access the link. Access Denied. I have sent another email to EY, and will follow up with a call tomorrow, my application if not completed by tomorrow at midnight will be withdrawn.

I feel really disappointed that I might not get through to the next stage, that by no means is my fault . If I don't pass test or fail at interview stage that's fine thats down to me but this is a EY error and its me who is being let down and possibly missing out of a job opportunity.

EY Service centre - the staff try and help but i feel it is a hit or miss who you get and everyone that i have got have failed so far in trying to resolve my problem. No one want to take ownership.

Is there anyone out there who may be in the same situation?

Otherwise, good luck to everyone.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 36
Anyone attended an EY assessment centre yet? If so did you find the exercises?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
I applied for the EY Business Academy weeks ago and still no reply, I feel like calling them up even though its in the summer. What do you guys think?
Has anyone had a final interview yet?
Reply 39
I've applied for the Business Academy I just got an e-mail saying I have the entry requirements, just about to do the assessments

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending