The Student Room Group

How do I get a solicitor apprenticeship?

I am not good at things such as this and I have asked for support from my school but they have not replied. Is there any help I can get on what will make me different and how to answer the questions??
I don't know why school leavers are so focused on "standing out" and "being different" from other applicants in all things. That's really not how things work - they look for the person who meets the specified criteria best and performs strongest in the interview. Said person may well have not done anything specifically unusual beyond what you have, but they know how to present what they have done appropriately in interview.

So look at the person specification, see what the requirements are and what skills they are looking for, and plan answers to the anticipated questions based on that specification. Probably sensible to use a STAR (situation, task, action, result) approach using examples from your prior studies (and if applicable work/work experience).
Original post by nini2222
I am not good at things such as this and I have asked for support from my school but they have not replied. Is there any help I can get on what will make me different and how to answer the questions??

Hi @nini2222

Standing out and having the edge is never a bad thing and, often, it is something to aspire to in order to catch the eye of the person reading your application form. However, it is unnecessary to "stand out" in the way you are describing because it is simply impossible for everyone to look different etc. Also, you have to remember that firms are looking for a certain type of person and although you shouldn't change your responses to reflect someone you aren't, you wouldn't want to look different from what they want if actually you simply are what they want (if that makes sense?). Therefore, I would focus on getting strong academics and doing some work experience to show you are dedicated and know about the career. After that, simply try your best and see what comes your way.

I hope this helps and good luck!

Sophie 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending