The Student Room Group

Numeracy WJEC

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by PixelatedOwl
I found it harder but I always prefer non calculator. Compare answers?

I can compare what I remember.

The first question (multiple choice) I had the last but one formula, I had 4.25 for mean estimate, for vol of cylinder I had something around 4, for speed, I had an 8.3% increase, for nails I had 76 and for tax I got the date wrong, but had £97.something
Reply 41
Also, for anyone who hasn't seen, a set of photos of model answers by somebody's teacher have been widely shared on Facebook for the intermediate papers, however if you did higher, like me, the second half of the paper is the first half of ours, if you want to see how you did. I did averagely on Wednesday's paper but today looks pretty good!
What do you all think the grade boundaries will be like?

I'm thinking
80% - A*
65% - A
55% - B
35% - C

( plus or minus 5%)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Original post by JacobPowell
What do you all think the grade boundaries will be like?

I'm thinking
80% - A*
65% - A
55% - B
35% - C

( plus or minus 5%)

Posted from TSR Mobile

My teachers are expecting essentially that, but the minus 5% part.
Original post by Tombre
I can compare what I remember.

The first question (multiple choice) I had the last but one formula, I had 4.25 for mean estimate, for vol of cylinder I had something around 4, for speed, I had an 8.3% increase, for nails I had 76 and for tax I got the date wrong, but had £97.something

We had the same for everything. What date did you put?
Original post by Tombre
Also, for anyone who hasn't seen, a set of photos of model answers by somebody's teacher have been widely shared on Facebook for the intermediate papers, however if you did higher, like me, the second half of the paper is the first half of ours, if you want to see how you did. I did averagely on Wednesday's paper but today looks pretty good!

Any chance you could share the link?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
We had the same for everything. What date did you put?

WOOP! That's so reassuring omg.

I put 1st July, but I (it's so embarrassing) for some reason put that April came after May.... I know... So that threw my month off, the answer I would've had would've been 1st August, however I've seen July 31st thrown around a lot with the "end of the month" argument.
Reply 47
Original post by JacobPowell
Any chance you could share the link?

Posted from TSR Mobile

https://www.facebook.com/kayd.loviee/posts/1867335530167204?pnref=story this is the link to todays paper. If you scroll back a bit on this persons profile (I don't know them, but the photos have thousands of shares) you can see Wednesday's paper.
Original post by Tombre
WOOP! That's so reassuring omg.

I put 1st July, but I (it's so embarrassing) for some reason put that April came after May.... I know... So that threw my month off, the answer I would've had would've been 1st August, however I've seen July 31st thrown around a lot with the "end of the month" argument.

I'd put first August. I reckon you'd get some marks right, because your maths was right but your months were a little off haha...
I, and many of my friends put 1st of August.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
I think for the exams this week, the topics are reset, as it's a separate qualification, however my teachers still expect that they will want to assess some new topics that didn't come up in numeracy, such as venn diagrams. Does anyone else have any predictions?
Yeah I reckon Venn diagrams will come up. Hopefully there'll be a lot of shape and algebra.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
I'd put first August. I reckon you'd get some marks right, because your maths was right but your months were a little off haha...

I put the 1st of August. Some of my friends said the 31st of July. But if it was charged at the end of the month surely he would cancel it the next day.

Original post by Tombre
I think for the exams this week, the topics are reset, as it's a separate qualification, however my teachers still expect that they will want to assess some new topics that didn't come up in numeracy, such as venn diagrams. Does anyone else have any predictions?

I think in this weeks exam there will be Venn Diagrams, lots of triangles/working out the angles, cosine and sine rule, maybe highest common multiple/lowest common factor, maybe finding out the lowest multiple that is a perfect square.
Reply 53
How did everyone find the paper today? I thought it was amazing tbh.
I sat the mathematics higher tier as well. I thought it was easier than Numeracy, but that could be because I hate the long wordy questions that appear in Numeracy.
I'm crying, I feel like its all screwed

Quick Reply

Latest