The Student Room Group

Numeracy test and sjt

Hey applying to pharmacy however have seen unis that say a numeracy ands situtwational test needs to be completed
Any advice how to prepare

Also interviews
Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by iamastudent1234
Hey applying to pharmacy however have seen unis that say a numeracy ands situtwational test needs to be completed
Any advice how to prepare

Also interviews
Thanks

I have applied for medicine and for Sunderland I had to do a numeracy and sjt test as well. You can find loads of online resources - just do lots of practice. The calculations were not very hard just gcse maths level- I think it should be similar for pharmacy.
these are some of the question banks i practiced (they are pharmacy based questions):
Reply 2
The rests for Pharmacy are FAR more straightforward than for Med - apart from for UCL which now seems to have made applying for MPharm ludicrously complicated and stressful.

The maths test will be something really simple like a dosage calculation.
The maths is not difficult bit its also testing 'can you do this quickly when you are under ressure'.

All interviews will include a questions that tests your understanding of ethics, confidentially, communication skills etc.
Its mostly essential common-sense and 'how would I want to be treated', and is usually not 'difficult'. Its worth having a look at any info you can find about 'underage contraception' and respecting a person’s privacy and confidentiality, and 'data privacy'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending