The Student Room Group

Big Four Applications 2017

Scroll to see replies

Hello, may I ask two things for my EY application?

1. I applied for Consulting and I got an email today inviting me to a phone interview stating the position as Financial Services Consulting - Technology Consulting. Is that allocated automatically/randomly?

2. I logged to the scheduling center to book my phone interview and it shows no slots. What's the case with that, are new slots added every day so should I wait and log in in the morning or email them?
Original post by big4applicant
I've got mine on friday so can feedback then.

How did it go?

Posted from TSR Mobile
KPMG have started to defer people's start date to 2018 ( if they applied for 2017) coz they have over offered places after their Launchpads :/
Finally today received a link to schedule EY telephone interview after 5 weeks from being told I passed online tests. No slots are available. Has anyone came accross this before? How long did you have to wait to schedule an interview?
So frustrating :angry:
Reply 264
Original post by grad2017
Finally today received a link to schedule EY telephone interview after 5 weeks from being told I passed online tests. No slots are available. Has anyone came accross this before? How long did you have to wait to schedule an interview?
So frustrating :angry:

Is it true that they are not doing any webinars now?

I've been waiting for almost a month to schedule but all transaction services candidates are on hold.
Reply 265
Original post by e^x

I've been waiting for almost a month to schedule but all transaction services candidates are on hold.

Is Transactions the same as CF?

Can't work out why it seems to be so popular.
Original post by Yaboi

Transactions and CF are always the most popular, as they are the least "accounting" but technical positions and normally offer wider exit opps. In addition, they have a lot less positions to offer. They normally only have 1-2 grad positions in the large regional hubs and some more in London. I have interned in transactions and they normally fill most of these positions up with interns. Also note, these positions are very dependent on the economy, whereas audit/tax/risk etc. are more stable. I'm not too suprised that they have filled these rolls very quickly, as I'm sure due to Brexit they are expecting less M&A activity in the next few years.

I'm not trying to dampen anyones hopes here, I just thought I'd share what I know, as I know of friends who stopped applying elsewhere cause they got a partner interview, just to be told that they had filled up positions. I guess this is a reminder why it's important to apply early. A lot of times, the big 4 advertise jobs that have already filled up, just because they get their quotas at a later point in time. However, they are very accomodating with transfering you to other lines/offices!
Reply 267
Original post by Yaboi

CF is a sub service line of transactions.
Original post by e^x

Not sure if there will be any, I applied for Tax and had my online webinar about a month ago. During the webinar was told that I will receive a link to schedule the interview the same day (got it 5 weeks later). Probably the most unorganised application process I've come accross.
Original post by popcornjpg
Hey guys I got through the assessment centre for school leavers, if anyone wants some advice feel free to ask.

Hey, Ive got mine in a few weeks, what did you do to prepare for it?
Original post by Matilda.Travers
Hey, Ive got mine in a few weeks, what did you do to prepare for it?

Read wikijob, and practise numerical & verbal reasoning tests

nothing else you can do really
Original post by popcornjpg
Read wikijob, and practise numerical & verbal reasoning tests

nothing else you can do really

Im a little confused about the tests; I received one email saying I would be doing numerical and verbal tests and another saying I would be doing numerical and diagrammatic. I've heard most people do verbal not diagrammatic but am still concerned. Did you also receive these contradictory emails?
Im a little confused about the tests; I received one email saying I would be doing numerical and verbal tests and another saying I would be doing numerical and diagrammatic. I've heard most people do verbal not diagrammatic but am still concerned. Did you also receive these contradictory emails?

yes. i did verbal on the day. really pissed me off because I spent so long practising diagrammatical.

do a couple just in case tho
Anyone applied for Actuarial internship? Got an email 4 weeks ago that I'd been invited to some webinar but haven't even got a date yet.
Original post by zooloowarrier
Anyone applied for Actuarial internship? Got an email 4 weeks ago that I'd been invited to some webinar but haven't even got a date yet.

Probs best to ring them up as that's quite a long wait for the webinar. I've applied for the assurance internship :smile:
Reply 275
Original post by MMMhhhhhh
Transactions and CF are always the most popular, as they are the least "accounting" but technical positions and normally offer wider exit opps. In addition, they have a lot less positions to offer. They normally only have 1-2 grad positions in the large regional hubs and some more in London. I have interned in transactions and they normally fill most of these positions up with interns. Also note, these positions are very dependent on the economy, whereas audit/tax/risk etc. are more stable. I'm not too suprised that they have filled these rolls very quickly, as I'm sure due to Brexit they are expecting less M&A activity in the next few years.

I'm not trying to dampen anyones hopes here, I just thought I'd share what I know, as I know of friends who stopped applying elsewhere cause they got a partner interview, just to be told that they had filled up positions. I guess this is a reminder why it's important to apply early. A lot of times, the big 4 advertise jobs that have already filled up, just because they get their quotas at a later point in time. However, they are very accomodating with transfering you to other lines/offices!

Is it the 2017 intake that your friends have been told they've filled up for TS when they got to the PI?

Also on the investment banking thread I read that brexit wouldn't affect M&A a lot but more S&T. A bit confused.

Anyway I applied for TS at EY on the 28th of September and completed all the tests on the 14th October and been on hold since.
Original post by e^x
Is it the 2017 intake that your friends have been told they've filled up for TS when they got to the PI?

Also on the investment banking thread I read that brexit wouldn't affect M&A a lot but more S&T. A bit confused.

Anyway I applied for TS at EY on the 28th of September and completed all the tests on the 14th October and been on hold since.

No, it's not this years intake, so no need to worry! However, I do know through friends that some of the Audit/Tax/Risk positions in some of the bigger regional cities got filled up with interns this year. Purely subjectively, it seems like this year has been a very competitive year to me. I don't know if it's due to Brexit/Economy/Lots of applicants. Then again, this is just from what I have seen, so take it with a pinch of salt!

Hmm, I don't know about S&T, but even as a Brexiteer I'd be suprised if there isn't somewhat of a slowdown to M&A or just general uncertainty in the market. I mean there were a bunch of Banks, such as RBS, that didn't even offer any IB grad positions this year.

Sometimes HR just puts everyone on Hold, cause they go through stuff one at a time. So doesn't have to mean anything bad. Anyway, good luck with your application!
Hello, applying to KPMG for an Audit scheme. It seems as if there is no option to add a CV or Cover letter? is that correct?

Thanks

They told you which test you were doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone had a partner interview with EY yet? How was it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending