The Student Room Group

US Presidential Election 2016 official thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Midlander
Why is Goldman Sachs being hired to run the Treasury?

I don't know, but one thing I do know is that the nominee 15 years ago being at the top of Sachs does not make Sachs in charge of the department. Are the Boy Scouts of America running state?
Original post by Jammy Duel

I did also find it hilarious that some people genuinely through they would get to keep Obama if they assassinated Trump and Pence before they take the oath

Just out of interest, what would actually happen in this situation?
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Just out of interest, what would actually happen in this situation?

The Speaker of the House is next in line, so Paul Ryan would presumably become president. Obama and Biden would have to leave office even if their successors were dead.
I don't know, but one thing I do know is that the nominee 15 years ago being at the top of Sachs does not make Sachs in charge of the department. Are the Boy Scouts of America running state?

The president of GS is his chief economic adviser. Mnuchin was with them for 15 years. My point to you is that if Hillary Clinton had appointed these people in the same positions, I can guarantee that you would be calling it out.

Rather than question why Trump is filling his cabinet with the swamp, your unwavering loyalty to the Orange one gives him a free pass even when he openly contradicts himself.

You have gone from being someone whose posts I listened to to someone I have just assigned to the "hopeless partisan" bin in my brain. :borat:
USA basically has a general in charge of defence now. I thought a big part of democracy is that civilians are in charge of the army.
Reply 8886
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
USA basically has a general in charge of defence now. I thought a big part of democracy is that civilians are in charge of the army.

Hence the waiver he was given by civilians. The defence sec is one of the few rational people in trumps cabinet, don't knock him

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aj12
Hence the waiver he was given by civilians. The defence sec is one of the few rational people in trumps cabinet, don't knock him

Posted from TSR Mobile

It gives one enormous confidence when the most rational person is the one with the nickname "Mad Dog" :tongue:
Original post by Aj12

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't say he was incompetent...
Original post by Aj12

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is that 'rational' as in 'does not howl at the full moon'?
Original post by NJA
JFK, arguably America's best loved President since the War had a good relationship with the Press and his team, but then he was a "serial womaniser" with plenty to hide. The fact that Trump doesn't seem to be cosying up to these people suggests to me he doesn't have stuff to hide, also Kennedy's time was stricter morally.

The President of the US has enormous opportunity to do good and avoid evil such as de-stablising the Middle East. That is a pointed comment, America has a reputation as being good at winning wars but "losing the peace". Trump's comments about the Middle East certainly suggest he would not have made the mess that the previous incumbent left, because he relies on different "experts".

Trump's press secretary did his first White House news conference this morning and he refused to take questions and threatened the press with reprisals. I'd hardly say those are the actions of someone with a boss with nothing to hide. More like everything to hide.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Trump's press secretary did his first White House news conference this morning and he refused to take questions and threatened the press with reprisals. I'd hardly say those are the actions of someone with a boss with nothing to hide. More like everything to hide.

It made me wonder how the Donald had ended up with five children

:getmecoat:Exits stage left whistling Colonel Bogey

Seriously, when the Republicans want rid of him, that is the first Article of Impeachment. He has induced a public official, the press secretary, to lie about attendance at the inauguration.

Other press secretaries have lied, as opposed to spun, but there has always been a argument that the lie has been in the public interest:- "No, the United States has no ground forces in West Chaos"
Original post by nulli tertius
Seriously, when the Republicans want rid of him, that is the first Article of Impeachment. He has induced a public official, the press secretary, to lie about attendance at the inauguration.

Other press secretaries have lied, as opposed to spun, but there has always been a argument that the lie has been in the public interest:- "No, the United States has no ground forces in West Chaos"

I can hear John McCain opening the register on Trump's Big Lies from this side of the ocean. Along with much grinding of teeth. How long can it be before Congressional Reps decide that Pence is a safer bet? Not long I suspect.

Or someone who has taken the Putin approach to propaganda and distortion.

http://fusion.net/story/379379/republicans-overwhelm-media-ignorance/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialshare&utm_content=theme_top_desktop

All you Trump opponents better get used to being gasslighted as well...
Trump's press secretary, Sean Spicer, reminds me of the days of Comical Ali.

It just goes to show how looney Trump is that he had this man go infant of the media and come out with such rubbish!
Reply 8897
Is that 'rational' as in 'does not howl at the full moon'?

Rational in that he disagrees with Trump on almost everything. Tbh I think he only got the job because Trump loves his image. A marine general known as mad dog( even if he hates the moniker gimself).

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wonder if Trump and his team are being deliberately provocative to distract people from his business interests. As I understand it, he still hasn't given up control of them - that should be huge news, but nobody seems to care?
How can that guy lie so blatantly? It's so embarrasing lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending