The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Original post by nickupton97
Business Admin Level 2 NVQ

Describe the communication requirements of different audiences

If you think this through, it's fairly obvious. What would you do differently if you were talking to a group of 5 year olds compared to a group of teenagers? In a business environment, would you need to explain things differently if you were talking to the new apprentice, compared to someone with 30 years' experience? So obviously one of the requirements is to communicate in a way that the audience understands, and that's not going to be the same for all audiences.
A similar communication requirement would be around disability. If someone is hard of hearing, you might need to speak louder and clearer. You might need to produce the information in a written format.

Another communication requirement would be around retention of information. If it's something important (like figures) it would be better to produce a written format, or possibly a spreadsheet. Saying a lot of numbers verbally to share sales figures would get confusing quickly, but as a table it is easy to understand.
Reply 2
thanks for the reply
I found this information useful, as I am currently studying my L2 business administration- therefore I can relate back to this source.
Some great topics mentioned, and it is easy to understand too.
Many thanks.
Hi, this is a great example and way to explain this question, however wondered if you could help me understand how internal and external can be related to the question.
Because i see it as internal and external should be treated equally.

Many Thanks

Original post by Juno
If you think this through, it's fairly obvious. What would you do differently if you were talking to a group of 5 year olds compared to a group of teenagers? In a business environment, would you need to explain things differently if you were talking to the new apprentice, compared to someone with 30 years' experience? So obviously one of the requirements is to communicate in a way that the audience understands, and that's not going to be the same for all audiences.
A similar communication requirement would be around disability. If someone is hard of hearing, you might need to speak louder and clearer. You might need to produce the information in a written format.

Another communication requirement would be around retention of information. If it's something important (like figures) it would be better to produce a written format, or possibly a spreadsheet. Saying a lot of numbers verbally to share sales figures would get confusing quickly, but as a table it is easy to understand.
Reply 5
Original post by Sarahmaldon
Hi, this is a great example and way to explain this question, however wondered if you could help me understand how internal and external can be related to the question.
Because i see it as internal and external should be treated equally.

Many Thanks

With internal communication, you know your audience more. You know what Janet from accounts is like. You know if you're emailing your boss, or the office junior. So you can tailor your communication appropriately - and they can give feedback if necessary.

With external communication, you don't know the audience. You can make generalisations - like you can assume that the audience of a programme on CBBC is likely to be very young, or someone shopping in Prada is going to enjoy fashion. But with any communication, you have to assume it will be widely mocked on Twitter if it's inappropriate. Any advert can go viral. But you don't want yours to for the wring reasons.

Another difference is that you don't want to reveal business sensitive information to external audiences.
Thank you so much for your help and quick reply, this has helped me understand the relations. x

Original post by Juno
With internal communication, you know your audience more. You know what Janet from accounts is like. You know if you're emailing your boss, or the office junior. So you can tailor your communication appropriately - and they can give feedback if necessary.

With external communication, you don't know the audience. You can make generalisations - like you can assume that the audience of a programme on CBBC is likely to be very young, or someone shopping in Prada is going to enjoy fashion. But with any communication, you have to assume it will be widely mocked on Twitter if it's inappropriate. Any advert can go viral. But you don't want yours to for the wring reasons.

Another difference is that you don't want to reveal business sensitive information to external audiences.

Original post by Juno

HELP PLEASE!
All of my units sound the same, I'm struggling to word them differently does this matter?
plus if anyone could help me with unit 2 that would be great, thanks
Reply 8
Original post by Sarahmaldon
HELP PLEASE!
All of my units sound the same, I'm struggling to word them differently does this matter?
plus if anyone could help me with unit 2 that would be great, thanks

Your answers should be different because the questions are different. Your wording can sound similar because that's your writing style, but the actual content should differ.

You're gonna have to be more specific in what unit 2 is and what you're stuck on.
Original post by Juno
Your answers should be different because the questions are different. Your wording can sound similar because that's your writing style, but the actual content should differ.

You're gonna have to be more specific in what unit 2 is and what you're stuck on.

1.1 Explain the differences between the private sector, public sector and voluntary sector
1.2 Explain the functions of different organizational structures
1.3 Describe the features of different types of legal structures for organisations

Thank you, i feel my work should be improving the way i write but its not.
Many Thanks
decribe the communication requirement of internal and extrnal audiences
Original post by nickupton97
Business Admin Level 2 NVQ

Describe the communication requirements of different audiences

Well... deaf ones need a signer for example. Either that or shout very loud.
In Business Administration, you should broadly differentiate between internal (e.g. colleagues and management) and external (e.g. customers, press, community, government, etc.) audiences. Obviously, these stakeholders expect the communication that would address their needs and remain comprehensive. For example, you may use jargon and abbreviations referring to your colleagues, while this may challenge your customer communication. The key communication requirements of different audience usually deal with a suitable communication method, style, tone and degree of knowledge.
Reply 13
I am deaf just a heads up. Never assume that shouting helps, it distorts the volume and twists words. Better off at looking at another form of communication perhaps words or writing down. Also check to see if they understood what you are saying. Often I will hear a whole sentence different to what is said and not even know! Double check with them maybe prompt them to read back or say back to you. Exhausting work but levels of professionalism is always required in jobs. I do not use a sign language interpreter so this would be a requirement if dealing with someone with similar issues to myself!
Reply 14
Original post by jesiwa
I am deaf just a heads up. Never assume that shouting helps, it distorts the volume and twists words. Better off at looking at another form of communication perhaps words or writing down. Also check to see if they understood what you are saying. Often I will hear a whole sentence different to what is said and not even know! Double check with them maybe prompt them to read back or say back to you. Exhausting work but levels of professionalism is always required in jobs. I do not use a sign language interpreter so this would be a requirement if dealing with someone with similar issues to myself!

Nice post - but this is an old thread addressing business internal & external communications rather than literally an audience of people. :smile: (the post #12 earlier was being somewhat sardonic)

I'm closing it now...
(edited 5 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending