The Student Room Group

Gcse Devising Drama

We have picked a stimulus of the poem by Dean Atta ‘I Come From’ that tells the story of many different background people being enabled to tell their own story, we have a rough idea of some group meeting up and basically sharing their stories and how their lack of acceptance and how as they weren’t able to tell their stories or feel represented they’ve been left outcasted, it will show them slowly opening up to each other as they battle pressures and their mental health issues. Only problem: I have no idea how to show this. Please help with ideas, feel free to stem off
Original post by stressedrabbit
We have picked a stimulus of the poem by Dean Atta ‘I Come From’ that tells the story of many different background people being enabled to tell their own story, we have a rough idea of some group meeting up and basically sharing their stories and how their lack of acceptance and how as they weren’t able to tell their stories or feel represented they’ve been left outcasted, it will show them slowly opening up to each other as they battle pressures and their mental health issues. Only problem: I have no idea how to show this. Please help with ideas, feel free to stem off

Hi

One idea could be to do a physical performance and to communicate this through a dance/uniformed routine/group movement maybe using some lifts or techniques like flocking to be extra - it can be difficult, but when done correctly, it's really effective to communicate a message to the audience.

You can do a form of performing where you use current issues in society to engage the audience in or by directly interacting with the audience. This can go really well.

Another idea is to make a performance in the form of a tv/reality show (you can have a presenter who introduces everyone and you can sit in a semi-circle, so the audience can still see you and take it from there) or you can do it as an act (where all of you just act it out normally)

I hope that helps and good luck with your stimulus!

Quick Reply

Latest