The Student Room Group

Official AQA AS Level Drama and Theatre (New Syllabus)

Hey everyone,

I hope revision is going well!

What play is everyone doing for their Section A: Drama through the ages? I am doing Hedda Gabler. If anyone wants to me to exchange my notes that would be fine.

Reminder: Drama and Theatre AS-Level exam is on Monday 15th May 2017 (AM) with a duration of 2 hours.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi!

Finally another student on here studying the same course!

My section A text is Antigone - Sophocles. If you fancy exchanging general revision advice or exam technique then feel free to PM :P

Good luck!
Original post by joshualh
Hi!

My section A text is Antigone - Sophocles. If you fancy exchanging general revision advice or exam technique then feel free to PM :P

Good luck!

Oh thank goodness, I was beginning to believe that no one did the course!

I will PM you in a bit when I have time to write out my notes etc. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by emilymcpartland
Oh thank goodness, I was beginning to believe that no one did the course!

I will PM you in a bit when I have time to write out my notes etc. :smile:

Nice! haha same here, I'm actually just finishing off the portfolio right now :P
Hi!

Good luck!

I'm also studying Antigone!!
Reply 5
Original post by megan_1601
I'm also studying Antigone!!

AWESOME! If you fancy trading notes PM me. I also have a load of Lighting Design notes to help with Live Theatre etc. If you want them
Reply 6
Which productions have you all seen for the the 2nd half of the paper?
I'm planning on writing about 'Us/Them' which was on at the National in January-February.
Reply 7
Original post by T.Wilson
Which productions have you all seen for the the 2nd half of the paper?
I'm planning on writing about 'Us/Them' which was on at the National in January-February.
I've seen 5 but i've narrowed down my revision to either write about:
Curious Incident of The dog in the Night-Time (National Theatre)
946: The amaxing story of Adolphus Tipps (Kneehigh)
Things I Know To Be True - Frantic Assembly
Reply 8
Any predictions for Antigone questions??
Reply 9
So how was that?

I was wondering if anyone on here is interested in creating/contributing to a google classroom type thing to create notes for A2 once these exam are done?

It would be a document with a template for both the set play and live productions which will just be addressing all the possible requirements of A2 Drama questions and this would help with the lack of past papers/sample answers as you don't have to worry about revising at the last minute for any aspect of the paper.
Reply 10
How did everyone find the exam? It was not too bad but 2 hours was a killer.
Original post by ellebu
How did everyone find the exam? It was not too bad but 2 hours was a killer.

Was good, the 2 hours aren't such a stretch from GCSE.
Anyone doing the linear course?
Original post by clottie12
Anyone doing the linear course?

Everyone on this thread is taking the linear course, last years lower sixth were the last entries for the legacy course :smile: Is your school not assessing at the end of AS?
Original post by emilymcpartland
Everyone on this thread is taking the linear course, last years lower sixth were the last entries for the legacy course :smile: Is your school not assessing at the end of AS?

No not at all, that's why I'm a bit confused! I'm currently studying brontë & accidental death of an anarchist tho :h:
Original post by clottie12
No not at all, that's why I'm a bit confused! I'm currently studying brontë & accidental death of an anarchist tho :h:

You are taking the A level then and not AS. Many schools enter students for AS if the course content is relevant to and/or forms part of the A2 course.
I think i've got a bit of a weird syllabus too!
Studying:
Accidental Death of an Anarchist,
Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nightime
and Machinal.
Original post by T.Wilson
So how was that?

I was wondering if anyone on here is interested in creating/contributing to a google classroom type thing to create notes for A2 once these exam are done?

It would be a document with a template for both the set play and live productions which will just be addressing all the possible requirements of A2 Drama questions and this would help with the lack of past papers/sample answers as you don't have to worry about revising at the last minute for any aspect of the paper.

This kind of thing would be great!
Im doing Antigone for my Section A text if you want to exchange notes !

Hi!

Good luck!
Im doing Things I Know To Be True for my section 3 too !! I need help on lighting moments could you help ??

I've seen 5 but i've narrowed down my revision to either write about:
Curious Incident of The dog in the Night-Time (National Theatre)
946: The amaxing story of Adolphus Tipps (Kneehigh)
Things I Know To Be True - Frantic Assembly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending