The Student Room Group

A-level Drama and Theatre Study Group 2022-2023

Welcome to the A-level Drama & Theatre Study Group! :woo:

This is where you can chat to others students taking your subject as you prepare for your A-level exams this summer

What can I do in these groups?

Almost anything! If you need help with a certain topic, want to rant about something you are struggling with or just want to support other students who are trying to prepare, this is the place for you. We want these to be a useful place for everyone no matter what you're looking for! :smile:

What can't I do in these groups?

Asking or offering copyright papers is against our site rules, and so is taking conversation off-site to do these things. Any posts doing this will be removed. That's the only rule :naughty:

Ice Breaker questions if you want to use them!

> What exam board are you on? (Vote in the poll as well!)

> What bits of the course are you feeling confident with?

> What areas are you struggling with a little?

> Have you found any resources online that have helped you prepare?

Specifications:

AQA - Drama And Theatre 7262

Edexcel - Drama and Theatre 9DR0

WJEC - Drama and Theatre

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yes:
Keeping this space for a list of resources or study tools that are recommended in this thread:
@emmaapril Here you are! Hope you find it useful :smile:
Reply 3
H everyone! I do AQA A-Level Drama and Theatre Studies, and my exam is on the 7th June 2023, anyone want to talk about this?

I'm doing Much Ado About Nothing, Our Country's Good, and a couple of Live Theatre plays such as The Tempest.
Original post by pipstar1234
H everyone! I do AQA A-Level Drama and Theatre Studies, and my exam is on the 7th June 2023, anyone want to talk about this?

I'm doing Much Ado About Nothing, Our Country's Good, and a couple of Live Theatre plays such as The Tempest.

Would you like us to set up a specific exam chat for that exam for you and help you connect with other students studying the same thing?
Reply 5
Original post by Evil Homer
Would you like us to set up a specific exam chat for that exam for you and help you connect with other students studying the same thing?

That would be amazing! I haven't been able to find one, I've found the other ones for my subjects but not this one.
Original post by pipstar1234
That would be amazing! I haven't been able to find one, I've found the other ones for my subjects but not this one.

That's not a worry. I can get it on the list and hopefully have it set up for you by the end of today :smile: We will tag you in when it's been done :smile:

@Pwca - When you see this could you make the above for me?
Any edexcel students, know any answer structures? Specifically, for the 'As a director' question? :smile:
Original post by dragonsunicorn
Any edexcel students, know any answer structures? Specifically, for the 'As a director' question? :smile:

usually i dont follow a structure however i make sure to include these things in each paragraph:
i usually find its helpful to instantly introduce a technique from your chosen practitioner, then include original performance conditions compared to your production concept. Then reference about the play outside of the extract and how your concept inspired by the methodologies of ur chosen practitioner can effect the rest of the play and the audience.
its also rlly good to include stuff like quotes from your practitioner aswell as fancy ass words.
make sure its 3 paragraphs and for the introduction i include:
•when the play is first written
•original performance conditions
•explain the specific extract and what happens
•explain the themes of the entire play
•talk about what your production concept is and the audience you'll preform it to e.g. 21st century
•and lastly who your chosen practitioner is and what message you want to spread using them

hope thats helped
Original post by banastasia627
usually i dont follow a structure however i make sure to include these things in each paragraph:
i usually find its helpful to instantly introduce a technique from your chosen practitioner, then include original performance conditions compared to your production concept. Then reference about the play outside of the extract and how your concept inspired by the methodologies of ur chosen practitioner can effect the rest of the play and the audience.
its also rlly good to include stuff like quotes from your practitioner aswell as fancy ass words.
make sure its 3 paragraphs and for the introduction i include:
•when the play is first written
•original performance conditions
•explain the specific extract and what happens
•explain the themes of the entire play
•talk about what your production concept is and the audience you'll preform it to e.g. 21st century
•and lastly who your chosen practitioner is and what message you want to spread using them

hope thats helped

thank you so much!
Reply 11
Hi, I'm doing AQA and does anyone possibly have any notes for Small Island that they wouldn't mind sharing with me. We basically lost our teacher last year and the one we've had this year is useless and literally has no clue what we are meant to do for our course (which obvs is making me feel super stressed as I literally have no one to get feedback on for my written work or anything ). Our teacher is so unprepared that we literally had to re-do all of the course in the last 2 months because our old teacher had left without warning with like all of our coursework and everything (and apparently now no one can contact her), so we literally only did our devising performance and monologue last week.

But yeah essentially we were told by our teacher yesterday that we cant use the original play we were going to for our live theatre as its like out of date for the AQA regulations or something (I mean I wish that was something she had checked beforehand but oh well I guess). And yeah essentially I have to study a completely new production tonight and I'm now super stressed that I wont cover everything that I need to - as I also have two other exams back to back this week which means I have like no time. Please someone help - or at least give me some guidance on responding to this section as I am now so worried about it. I haven't seen or heard of this production today but this is the one that we have now been told to do, and I hardly understand it let alone having to start from scratch to make notes for it tonight.

Thanks
The Eduqas Drama exam was so nice. Absolutely buzzing!
how did you guyysssss find the AQA drama today? OCG questions were mean haha
I hope everyone found Edexcel drama and theatres studies good yesterday.

Wth were they doing with section B question 1…STAGE SPACE??

Apart from that i thought it was great!
Original post by top-lushness
I hope everyone found Edexcel drama and theatres studies good yesterday.

Wth were they doing with section B question 1…STAGE SPACE??

Apart from that i thought it was great!

I KNOW. that was the only question i fumbled majorly on. i didn't write much and what i did end up writing was a lot of the same thing just paraphrased. hopefully my overall grade will still pull through. wishing you the best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending