The Student Room Group

AQA AS LEVEL ACCOUNTING UNIT 1 May 16

Does anyone have any predictions for the unit 1 accounting paper tomorrow? Good luck to those of you taking your exams!
i think errors and double entry are likely possibly a suspense account and maybe uses of a trial balance
Reply 2
Original post by jakebonnington
i think errors and double entry are likely possibly a suspense account and maybe uses of a trial balance

I always get so confused on suspense accounts and what goes on each dr/cr! I'm just hoping to do well in the written questions.
Original post by revision246
I always get so confused on suspense accounts and what goes on each dr/cr! I'm just hoping to do well in the written questions.

i just go with unless it's COPROC it goes in
Reply 4
i just go with unless it's COPROC it goes in

Thanks, so do the COPROC errors go into the suspense account?
Thanks, so do the COPROC errors go into the suspense account?

no because they don't affect the trial balance and only errors that affect the trial balance go in the suspense account to account for the difference
Reply 6
no because they don't affect the trial balance and only errors that affect the trial balance go in the suspense account to account for the difference

So does that include arithmetic errors and casting errors? What are the other errors?
So does that include arithmetic errors and casting errors? What are the other errors?

yeah so errors where they have under/over cast a figure or another classic one is posting discounts received/allowed to the wrong side so you double it on the side it should go to get to the right amount
Does anyone remember if we had to do a suspense account in any of the questions?
Original post by Cheryl_323
Does anyone remember if we had to do a suspense account in any of the questions?

No but there was a general journal in which we had to make entries into a suspense account

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending