The Student Room Group

english lit

Scroll to see replies

**** no!😂 R+J and ACC on Monday, then AIC, poetry, and unseen poetry on Friday
Reply 21
Original post by joeyfrazier
Yeah same, also on Monday I have Geography in the afternoon - I'm going to be so tired

Me too!
What exam board are you for geog?
Original post by stxry
Me too!
What exam board are you for geog?

AQA Geography Spec A, how about you?
Reply 23
OH HAHA I was like what the hell lol. I have Of Mice and Men on Monday, and All my Sons, poetry and unseen poetry on Friday.
Original post by rmcgillin
OH HAHA I was like what the hell lol. I have Of Mice and Men on Monday, and All my Sons, poetry and unseen poetry on Friday.

Of Mice and Men is quite a nice text though, I did it in Year 9 and quite enjoyed it. I've done barely any revision for the poetry and we're meant to know 15...
Reply 25
We have to know 12, and I can't remember any of them.
We have to know 12, and I can't remember any of them.

Me neither, I think they're asking way too much of us aha
Reply 27
Do you have to learn them off or do you get a booklet of them to annotate?
Do you have to learn them off or do you get a booklet of them to annotate?

We were given an Anthology with all of the poems to study but we're not allowed to take it into the exam so we have to know the poems well enough to quote from.
Reply 29
My brain would actually explode if I had to do that. OMG. We are lucky enough to have a clean copy but we need to know the background knowledge of it.
Yeah it's really hard. You're lucky, I thought none of the exams boards allowed us to take the texts into the exams with the new 9-1 spec?
So, despite being an unlikely character to come up on the aqa english literature exam, I decided to revise a few quotes from the partiality major character, Mr Jaggers. I found a website with a quote that I could easily memorise and found extremely useful. However I am not completely sure it is actually from the novel and it may instead be from a film version of the novel. The quote is: "I do not want to know the truth, the law does not require it". If anyone can, please find what chapter it's from if it is a real quote or if its not a real quote, please tell me.
The website I found the quote from: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/prof...MHHJWn/jaggers
Thanks
Reply 32
I live in Nothern Ireland so the 9-1 spec only goes for people who live in Britain. CCEA allows us to have an open book exam for All My Sons though but closed for OMAM. Your exam boards seem so hard.
Ah ok, I didn't know that. Yes it is very stressful😫
Reply 34
I feel your pain hahaha
Reply 35
aw thats annoying. I have only 3 exams this week but they are all close.

I have 5
English, geography, physics, maths and another English :frown:
Reply 36
Original post by DD2508
I have 5
English, geography, physics, maths and another English :frown:

omg good luck!!!
Reply 37
Original post by joeyfrazier
AQA Geography Spec A, how about you?

I'm doing WJEC
Reply 38
omg good luck!!!

Thanks I really need it!!
Reply 39
anyone doing frankenstein for exam next week?????

Quick Reply

Latest