The Student Room Group

A level choices

Thinking of doing history, English lit, religious studies and classical civilisations for a level. I am decent at essay subjects and enjoy them. Would this be considered good subjects for Cambridge and Oxford for law? Should I switch classics for economics? Would you suggest economics as a good a level?
Original post by ua12345
Thinking of doing history, English lit, religious studies and classical civilisations for a level. I am decent at essay subjects and enjoy them. Would this be considered good subjects for Cambridge and Oxford for law? Should I switch classics for economics? Would you suggest economics as a good a level?

Yes. I would suggest Law A levels but it is not mandatory.

History, English Lit, Law and Classics.
Reply 2
Original post by ua12345

I do law, english, sociology and psychology and find this a really good mix as I’m able to transfer my knowledge from one subject to another.
I am doing law at university.
Reply 3
Original post by ua12345

Hello! I do English Lit and Classical Civ! Classics is the easiest A-level, and if you’re good as essay based subjects, it’ll be an easy A/A*. This is important for Law which has high standards. If anything, I’d switch out English Lit, since it is the hardest of your choices, or religious studies since it does not really relate.
Reply 4
Original post by ua12345

Those choices are fine and re fourth choice just choose the one you would enjoy most.There are no really preferred A levels for law.
Reply 5
Original post by Hudson76
I do law, english, sociology and psychology and find this a really good mix as I’m able to transfer my knowledge from one subject to another.
I am doing law at university.

Is psychology a level difficult? I'm thinking of switching politics for psychology

Quick Reply

Latest