The Student Room Group

Edexcel Pe

Scroll to see replies

Hi , if you did well on the practical part of PE and you went in the theory exam with a C how many marks do you need for an A* is it like 30 ?
Reply 61
Original post by Charlotte1478
Hi , if you did well on the practical part of PE and you went in the theory exam with a C how many marks do you need for an A* is it like 30 ?

dont quote me but my mate got something like 97-98% practical and went in needing 15 for a C and 45 for an A*, maybe 39-45?
Original post by Naturalist
What did you put for the PED that a long distance cyclist would use?

Peptide hormones
Original post by joebf
dont quote me but my mate got something like 97-98% practical and went in needing 15 for a C and 45 for an A*, maybe 39-45?

Thank you do you mean he needed to get 39 marks on his theory paper and then it was combined
That swimmer question was so weird... also the picture of the guy on the treadmill I didn't know what to put, I changed from cardiovascular fitness to muscular endurance last minute, should kept it as cardiovascular! Argh! I'm not sure I got the Harvard step test muscles right - I put hamstrings contract quadriceps relax but my friend wrote the opposite :-/ I thought it had gone ok but coming out the exam and hearing everyone else's answers made me realise I've probably made a lot of mistakes. I got full marks in my practical though so hopefully that'll help! Everyone is saying it was easy but I don't think it was!
Reply 65
Original post by mgilbey
Surely the Quadriceps contract to lift the leg up?

I used to think that but after physically lifting my leg up in the exam, their right. Try it. If you hold your leg up at a 45 degree angle for long enough your hamstring underneath start hurting whereas if you extend your leg and hold you quads hurt instead.
Original post by elliott Adams
What was the blood shunting answer i thought it was digestive system then digestion

Sorry man, it was working muscles then digestive system
Original post by Naturalist
What did you put for the PED that a long distance cyclist would use?

PED?
Original post by Joshmb28
PED?

I put Peptide hormones
Image , cultural, socioeconomic

I put media coverage, resources and soci-economic
Original post by Prosenior
Sorry man, it was working muscles then digestive system

Muscles then digestion yessssss get in
For the antagonistic pairs question, could you if put that the abdominal contract as the glutials relax, causing flexion at the hip as the leg is brought up
Original post by AlenMill
Ive never heard of cyclists using stimulants but that might be correct, and I put cross training for the triathlete but can't seem to remember what I put for the basketballer

Circuit?
Original post by DeepInTheMeadow
I put Image, Culture, Socio-economic, which I'm pretty sure is right.

Do you think I would get the mark for aesthetic appreciation instead of image?
Original post by OllyzGCSE
Do you think I would get the mark for aesthetic appreciation instead of image?

Tbh I don't think so, because it doesn't classify as an influence, it classifies as a 'benefit of exercise', but who knows? I would say don't stress and just move on.
Original post by mgilbey
Thats wrong unfortunately, Peptide hormones (specifically EPO) Increases the production of red blood cells in the body, therefore more oxygen is carried round the body to the muscles that require to allow you to work harder for longer!

No I'm very sure stimulants was right it even says it in the Edexecl revision book. I reckon there'll be more than one correct answer
Reply 76
Think it is muscles then digestion as digestive system isn't very good English

respiration
Original post by yxng_emz
Its quadriceps and hamstrings and the quads were the antagonist and the hamstrings were the agonists that contracted to cause movement.

I put gastronemius by accident...
Original post by sooty2000
That swimmer question was so weird... also the picture of the guy on the treadmill I didn't know what to put, I changed from cardiovascular fitness to muscular endurance last minute, should kept it as cardiovascular! Argh! I'm not sure I got the Harvard step test muscles right - I put hamstrings contract quadriceps relax but my friend wrote the opposite :-/ I thought it had gone ok but coming out the exam and hearing everyone else's answers made me realise I've probably made a lot of mistakes. I got full marks in my practical though so hopefully that'll help! Everyone is saying it was easy but I don't think it was!

If you mean the 1 mark one it was flexibility, but the treadmill one was a myth
Reply 79
people think the grade boundaries will be high , but in fact many many people make simple mistakes throughout , so you may think the test was "easy" but will your answers all apply to the mark scheme!.

Stop worrying about the answers focus on other exams then have a great holiday stress free from exams and education..

Good luck everyone for the rest of your exams !! your smash them :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest