The Student Room Group

OCR biology B

Anyone here studying the B spec of OCR biology?
I am, unfortunately
how did you find todays paper?
It was grim, dark, and frankly, it violated me
I was hoping for a massive section on photosynthesis (the actual process of it) or respiration, but no I got a weird application question with ethical issues and experimental design -_-
Classic OCR B
What did you think of it?
Original post by VolcanicPenguin3
It was grim, dark, and frankly, it violated me
I was hoping for a massive section on photosynthesis (the actual process of it) or respiration, but no I got a weird application question with ethical issues and experimental design -_-
Classic OCR B
What did you think of it?

the six marker on supercrops put me off! I have golden rice as an example but i'm not sure if thats even correct. Any predictions on what the grade boundaries will be like?
Yeah I mean it was in the advance notice, but still, that's not even really the realm of biology! Golden rice must get you some credit, I mean it just said supercrops right? I rambled on about world population reaching ~10 billion by the middle of the century, and loss of 99% of the sun's energy at each trophic level and the need for more food basically, but the against argument (if you can even call it that) basically amounted to nonsense about the impact on ecosystems etc., which I again rambled on about.
That question about which cell division type and phase was being described killed me, so damn confusing
And the one about the viral protein! What the hell was that?!
Last year's grade boundaries were 55% for an A, I think it's got to be low again this year, maybe 60% for an A, if not 50%!
Original post by VolcanicPenguin3
Yeah I mean it was in the advance notice, but still, that's not even really the realm of biology! Golden rice must get you some credit, I mean it just said supercrops right? I rambled on about world population reaching ~10 billion by the middle of the century, and loss of 99% of the sun's energy at each trophic level and the need for more food basically, but the against argument (if you can even call it that) basically amounted to nonsense about the impact on ecosystems etc., which I again rambled on about.
That question about which cell division type and phase was being described killed me, so damn confusing
And the one about the viral protein! What the hell was that?!
Last year's grade boundaries were 55% for an A, I think it's got to be low again this year, maybe 60% for an A, if not 50%!

Ah the last six marker on protein synthesis was so difficult! Seriously struggled with that question. I thought the cell division question was okay but in general that paper was quite difficult. Paper 1 was horrendous though, that paper was something else so lets see how paper 3 goes... good luck!
I thought paper 1 was better than paper 2 tbh, but both still pretty bad. Paper 3 is going to be killer, good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending