The Student Room Group

Y13 A level Mock Grades HELP

It's 11 at night and my mum has just acted like I've just been sentenced to prison by getting a B in OCR Psych, C in AQA Eng Lit and a D in OCR Bio. I was expecting this. I was a mess at mocks. I'm aiming for 3 B's at A levels, or even 2 B's and an A as I have recently been getting A's in English essays ignoring mocks. The disappointment was real, and I'm disappointed too. In every exam I knew I could've done more to prepare. I'm planning to work as hard as humanly possible from now on. I have anxiety that leads me to procrastination/panic attacks over exams and imposter syndrome is a huge issue for me. I suppose my question is how have people dealt with their exam anxiety and increased their grades? There's three months until my first exam. What should I do to improve in exams? I'm not going to give myself excuses anymore. I know I have time, I just don't know what I should do specifically with that time to revise, especially with Biology and English Literature. Any stories of how anyone else has raised their grades in these areas + what has been done to do this? Or about what's the best way to revise in the weeks closer to exams? Any advice is appreciated, I'm sure others are panicking like me too haha. I would like to point out that despite the pressure from my mum I genuinely do want to do the best I can for myself. I hope everyone else is doing ok. Anxiety sufferers - you are more than your thoughts. Wishing everyone well!
This is literally me, but I do different exam boards and got an e because my bio exam board is AQA. With Biology I don't know but for English, mindmapping essay plans for all the theme questions that might possibly come up, and get your class involved, share the amount of questions out and send each other your plans, ask your teacher to do timed responses every week and I feel this should work

Quick Reply

Latest