The Student Room Group

ITV racist towards White people?

http://yourbrexit.co.uk/news/anger-as-itv-refuse-to-hire-white-people-for-intern-job/?utm_source=bb

I understand the need to increase the racial/cultural diversity within the media but refusing white people a job position is not the way to go about it. It's almost as if they're now attempting to force racial diversity much like how some companies are biased against hiring men in favour of hiring women just so they look more diverse.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Ash8991
http://yourbrexit.co.uk/news/anger-as-itv-refuse-to-hire-white-people-for-intern-job/?utm_source=bb

I understand the need to increase the racial/cultural diversity within the media but refusing white people a job position is not the way to go about it. It's almost as if they're now attempting to force racial diversity much like how some companies are biased against hiring men in favour of hiring women just so they look more diverse.

As a brown guy that it is racist. The job should go to the person most qualified; it shouldn't matter what their race, religion, sexuality, gender etc is.

Also "higher" white people? Don't they mean hire? Lol
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by SGHD26716
As a brown guy that it is racist. The job should go to the person most qualified; it shouldn't matter what their race, religion, sexuality, gender etc is.

Also "higher" white people. Don't they mean hire? Lol

I just noticed that mistake lol

And yeah, I agree. Appearance, so skin colour and gender is becoming more of an important factor than qualifications are when it comes to deciding whether or not to give a job to someone
Reply 3
Original post by Ash8991

And yeah, I agree. Appearance, so skin colour and gender is becoming more of an important factor than qualifications are when it comes to deciding whether or not to give a job to someone

Hillary Clinton thought it was good enough that she was a woman to be president. That's the kind of society we're living in.
Hillary Clinton thought it was good enough that she was a woman to be president. That's the kind of society we're living in.

That is the society Americans are living in making everything about identity. I'm trying desperately to stop it infecting us as much as it has them as it just divides society by guess what? Race and gender. Something by the way we have been trying to stop doing but the left keep dredging it back up as a way to pit people against one another.
Racism against white people? That's a new one
Reply 6
Original post by JoshDawg
That is the society Americans are living in making everything about identity. I'm trying desperately to stop it infecting us as much as it has them as it just divides society by guess what? Race and gender. Something by the way we have been trying to stop doing but the left keep dredging it back up as a way to pit people against one another.

To me it's just a bit pathetic to do so really. I don't get it.
To me it's just a bit pathetic to do so really. I don't get it.

Anyone with sense wouldn't get it but this is not only Americans we are talking about but also Hillary voters.
Reply 8
Original post by Ash8991

Journalism is an industry that is extremely white (94%) according to the National Council for the training of journalists, so no, this isn't some grand scheme that is affecting white graduates en masse. This isn't about positive discrimination either, it's about the tactical recruitment of ethnic minorities who can actually report accurately about their own communities. For example, it is unlikely that a white person from Kent is going to be able to capture the emotions of Grenfell tower victims as well as an ethnic minority from a poor borough in London can. In this case, diversity does actually add to the quality of journalism produced.

Also, the assumption that the journalism industry was/is a meritocracy is a joke. It's just an old boys club where privately-educated individuals disproportionately recruit other privately-educated individuals (the majority of whom are also from Oxbridge according to the Sutton Trust).
(edited 6 years ago)
This isn't new.
Original post by Anonymous

Yes, racism can occur against white people.
If 2 candidates have equal skills, qualifications, experience and impressed me at an interview. I'm hiring the ethnic minority if 99% of my staff are White men. If you don't understand why, I wouldn't be hiring you in the first place.
Original post by Anonymous

Why are you anon?
Reply 13
Original post by Funkinwolf
If 2 candidates have equal skills, qualifications, experience and impressed me at an interview. I'm hiring the ethnic minority if 99% of my staff are White men. If you don't understand why, I wouldn't be hiring you in the first place.

But if you say no whites can apply in the first place, not even giving them a chance, I don't think that's right.

Also "higher" white people? Don't they mean hire? Lol

lol perhaps a freudian slip... maybe the solpured people were genuinely better candidates
Original post by John Giz
Open your eyes and look how white people of Christian or no religion are getting shafted by the rest.Asians say and do what they want and get away with it. For example in my job a girl was called white trash by a filthy Muslim.some people were surprised I arrested the mustard.it works both ways.this country will is doomed soon not to be mostly white.Look at all the Africans invading the UK bringing a host of diseases and as we know AIDS is rife over there.OPEN YOUR EYES.id bet your non white anyway.

Did you forget to take your meds?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The entire MSM hate white people.
It's about promoting racial diversity. How is this racist?
But if you say no whites can apply in the first place, not even giving them a chance, I don't think that's right.

If they already have enough white people in position I understand why though? If everyone is white then would want a non white for diversity.................
Reply 19
Original post by loveleest
If they already have enough white people in position I understand why though? If everyone is white then would want a non white for diversity.................

So say a white person is desperately looking for a job and is more qualified and all round better candidate than the rest of his peers, he can't get the job because he's white. What's the fault of the white guy who can't get the job?

Is his only mistake that he was born white?

I'm not white myself by the way, I just don't think what they're doing is right.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending