The Student Room Group

how horrible can a policeman be?

A few nights ago, I was pulled up on yellow lines outside the railway station to collect a passenger, all because the pick up / drop off spot was temporarily closed. Police man asks me to move and I go the other way and stop on yellow lines as my passenger sees me and makes a beeline for my car.

My passenger gets in, then the officer comes and starts threatening me with a ticket, all over yellow lines. My passenger put him in his place and he went his way.

Why didn't he just go and do his job with whatever he was and forget the drivers who don't know where they are.

Some police in this country are racists. They're the ones triggering the riots with all their injustice against ethnic minorities. They treat a black or asian like dirt while they treat a caucasian like a human.

I never experienced a policeman so aggressive and nasty to me. Maybe he was having a bad day, I wouldn't know.
You're automatically assuming that because a policeman took issue to someone stopping on a yellow line in the wrong place, that he was racist. That's quite a loaded thing to accuse someone of. Did he do or say anything that backs up that theory? Or was he just telling you to move your car?
Reply 2
You broke the law. End of discussion. Was he being finicky? Yes. Was he entitled to be? Also yes.

I have actual complaints upheld against the police, where I wasn't breaking the law, and I'm white. Unlikely to be about race. You just annoyed a copper by twice breaking the law.
Reply 3
It doesn't mean it was racist.

Personally, I don't agree with anyone being rude or aggressive when doing their job, however frustrated or annoyed they feel. I don’t go around bring rude to the people I advise or to other paid professionals and I expect a minimum level of politeness back.
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest